Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Disclaimer
1 2 Previous Next  
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 10-07-2008 16:15
lol but it sounded good lmao
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 10-07-2008 15:51
When I was doing third party inspections on wally-world buildings I was based out of southeast CO and for one company they would pay you mileage from door to door, as well as hourly wage for windshield time, at my inspection rate of pay. I would leave southeastern CO and drive to dallas, pulling my camper. Another one I worked for paid hourly from door to door, and mileage to and from the airport, so if I got layed over in O'Hare for two hours I was still getting paid. Basically, from the time I leave the motel in the morning to the time I get back and finish daily reports, I got paid. It was a good gig, but as with anything like that, it does eventually come to an end. LOL
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 10-07-2008 15:54
wally world arent those red iron jobs wow couldnt of been that technical
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 10-07-2008 16:07
Typical 12 point inspection on roof structure only. Yes, easy money. They were pre-existing buildings to boot, so visual only to verify that it was indeed welded, and of proper size and length, as well as any obvious defects that could be noticed after painting. It was a great gig, just a lot of travel involved.
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 10-07-2008 16:10
you always find the good gigs
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 10-07-2008 16:21
Not always, I have pulled some sh** gigs before as well. I drove my truck and camper from southeast CO to Albuquerque NM one time for a gig that was supposed to supply a company truck and some other benifits, and when I got there things changed up on me. They wanted me to drive my truck 12 miles in to the shop to pick up a company truck, then drive to the job site. The job site was three mile from where I set up my camper. Several other things changed, and when I called them on it, they said, "You must have misunderstood us." So I repied, "If I am haveing that hard of a time understanding what is said and what it is to mean, then we should part ways right now." DONE, But I did get paid for the trip down and back as well as for two days work, so I did not lose my ass, just wasted alot of time and put alot of miles on. :-)
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 10-07-2008 16:51
jus givin ya a hard time we have all had our share of the crap gigs i'm sure i could go to work right here in town maybe but it's for 40 an hr and i supply all i dont think so but if it gets too bad i'll go jus to stay afloat
Parent - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 10-25-2008 04:55
I guess You have to jack it up at night and run up the miles. :-)
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 10-07-2008 14:32
Dear Sir,
              Would you be kind enuff to allow me to borrow your disclaimer for my new bs section in this fine established forum we have as to cover myself from anything that may arise i would not want to aquire any copy right infringments or anything of the like so i am asking your premission before i steal it as ou yourself have openly claimed to have done by copying and pasting thank you in advance for your assistance in this matter
Parent - - By vagabond (***) Date 10-07-2008 14:35
Where do I sign up for the BS section???  Will there be special diamonds for BS??  Maybe some brown ones??
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 10-07-2008 14:39
no sign up necessary just strat bs'in witht the rest of themand see what comes to life should be fun we'll see i already made it so why are you wasting time witht this dsiclaimer this guy is obviously scared of getting in trouble lol
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 10-07-2008 14:54
My friend, help yourself! I stole it fair and square, and you can too. :-)
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 10-07-2008 15:00
lol
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Disclaimer
1 2 Previous Next