Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Everbody is or wants to be a welder!
1 2 3 4 Previous Next  
Parent - - By swsweld (****) Date 10-31-2009 21:29
Hey Sourdough,
Happy birthday last Wednesday

Started to put out an APB to see if anyone had seen or heard from you but then you "appeared"

We missed your participation. Hang around if you can.

Hope you've been well.
Parent - By RonG (****) Date 11-01-2009 14:52
Was that a ghost? It sure looked and sounded alot like Sourdough.
Parent - - By Sourdough (****) Date 11-03-2009 18:19
I'm here....
Parent - By makeithot (***) Date 11-08-2009 19:37
Welcome back SD I for one have missed your brand of wit. Weather we agree or not I have always found your post's to be entertaining. Hope the year finds you and your's well.
Parent - - By tazmannusa (**) Date 11-01-2009 15:15
  Lot of succesful people started just like that, no money or experiance. just a dream and the willingness to go for it.
Whats wrong with that ? It's the American dream. Should we rule and regulate to stop it? I dont think so.
I have been called to fix what others have messed up a lot of times, pays the bills and it doesnt make me look bad, quite the opisite.
I dont see any problem with it.
   Tom
Parent - By DONKEY PUNCH Date 11-01-2009 19:57
exactly
Parent - - By Sourdough (****) Date 11-03-2009 18:33
Just get on youtube and look up "the best welder in the world" you would be amazed at the immature pompous ignorance,,,,,,
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 11-04-2009 02:08
You got that right Sully!!! ;) ;) ;) I'll PM you tomorrow friend!

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - By vagabond (***) Date 11-07-2009 09:00
Welcome back Sourdough, good to see you posting again!!
Parent - By spgtti (**) Date 11-08-2009 14:50
Back to the original post, it seems like you guys are scared of one of the newbs grabbin' a job and running with it, thereby reducing the list of contractors calling you to work. Well that's just real tough and sorry if you don't deal with reality very well. Whether they get what you think should be your job based on skills, merit or butt kissing it is irrelevent and just the way things work.

Construction is cyclical, always has been and always will be, so not everyone is always going to have a job. Save for it, deal with it and prepare for it. There aren't any rules or guidlines related to who gets to keep working through tough times, so it basically comes down to your skills, ethics, attitude and who you've established relationships with in the past. Nobody has to tell or brag about how good they are, most of the time everyone knows before you get there.

Maybe it's time the pipeliners increase their pipe welding skill sets as there are still alot of 100k a year plant pipe welding jobs available and not enough welders to fill them.

I feel like everyone deserves the chance and their own actions will determine whether they make it in the business or not. The contractors that hire out to people doing substandard work will also have to live with their decisions.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Everbody is or wants to be a welder!
1 2 3 4 Previous Next