Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / pipewelding jobs advice
- By timsmith85 Date 08-10-2008 21:50
I am going to be going to school this winter to become a certified pipe and structural welder using smaw and gtaw processes. I have many questions for anyone with the time to anwser them all but i am just goin to start with the most basic. I worked for a year for a gas pipeline company as an equipment operator laying pipe and naturally working right there with the almighty pipeline welders and there rigs that they protected with there life.now before i started working there i liked welding small things around the farm but after working there i have dreamed day and night of being one of those guys out burning pipe toghether one piece at a time. I geuss one of my questions is how do i get my foot in the door doing any kind of outdoor pipe welding as i know that they just dont hand out jobs like that. my next question is what are everyones thoughts on the local 798 pipeline union in oklahoma cause that is where all the welders i knew were in at. i came to this site because of the wealth of knowledge that exists here in the form of you guys and gals that have been out welding for years and any help that you can give me would be appreciated more than you will ever know. i am burned out on running heavy equipment and need a change of pace in life and this is my dream of all dreams.
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / pipewelding jobs advice