Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Request for Oxy-Acetylene info...
- - By msulrich Date 01-28-2003 18:38
I am looking for feedback for a project for work. I need to find out the demand for and week/monthly consumption of oxygen in the welding industry. If you work in a manufacturing or job-shop environment that consumes large quantities of oxygen for (but not limited to) Oxy-Acetylene welding/cutting please followup with info. I am interested to learn type and volume of welding your facility performs (rough percentages are fine), type of gases consumed and week/montly volumes.
Thanks to all who participate.

Scott Ulrich
Designer
Battelle Memorial Institute
Parent - By G.S.Crisi (****) Date 02-05-2003 12:53
Yours isn`t an "easy to answer" question, and that`s why you haven`t got any answer yet. The reason is simple: from that data, a competitor may gather very useful information.
My suggestion is to search for that information within the largest gases producers in the world, who are the following:
- Praxair, from the U.S. www.praxair.com
- AGA, from Sweden. www.aga.com
- Air Liquide, from France. www.airliquide.com
- British Oxygen, from England. www.boc.com
From my personal experience, I also suggest you not to post any question on their site. Questions asking for technical information posted on sites are very seldom answered. Instead, get the telephones numbers of their U.S. offices and get in contact directly with them by phone. Be prepared to be passed over from one person to another until you reach the "guy who knows".
Let me know how you came out. Good luck.
Giovanni S. Crisi
Sao Paulo - Brazil

P.S. I feel quite honored for having been of service, even if a small one, to anyone less than the Battelle Memorial Institute.

Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Request for Oxy-Acetylene info...