Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / max. weld pass width,how many milimeter?
- - By GOKHANYAMAN (*) Date 05-10-2003 18:24

With E 7018-1 electrode (Dia. 3.25 mm), weave width may be how many milimeters max. as per standard Asme sec IX or B31.3 ?
lets say 24" LTCS pipe with wall thickness 33 milimeters.
Parent - - By MBSims (****) Date 05-12-2003 03:32
There is no max weave width limit in either of those codes.
Parent - - By JTMcC (***) Date 05-12-2003 16:22
Is it just me, or are there several questions being posted in more than one place, it seems to be confusing to me to have several different conversations going on the same topic. Maybe I'm just a little too simple minded! ; )

JTMcC.
Parent - By CHGuilford (****) Date 05-12-2003 21:17
No, you are seeing correctly. I think some people aren't sure where they should post their question so they hit all categories. You are right in that it is hard to follow that way. It might help if folks realized most everyone hits all the categories, looking for topics they are interested in so their question will be read with just one posting.
CHG
Parent - - By billvanderhoof (****) Date 05-13-2003 04:54
I agree- I read the whole board anyway and I think most of those who regularly reply do too. Often multiple posts result in multiple threads which can confuse the logic of the whole thing.
Bill
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 05-13-2003 11:48
I too, read the "new posts" each day, and several times a day when things are not too busy, so one posting would be sufficient. I too am simple minded and am easily confused by the multiple posts. Hope this helps users to see that their questions will get replies quickly if someone has an answer or comment.
John Wright
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / max. weld pass width,how many milimeter?