Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / check out my blog
- - By Jacob Cassady (*) Date 11-27-2009 05:27
Hi everyone. I just joined the AWS website today and wanted to get to know everyone. My name is Jake. I just started a blog a couple of days ago and I would love for some of you to help get it going.

The address is weldinglab.blogspot.com

It is a site where we can write tips about our trade that we have learned along the way. I have stared it out by giving a rundown of each process. I don't have all of them done yet, but I have a good start. If anyone has suggestions on things to write about please let me know and I will do some research on the topic and post a blog about it. Help me make the site the most informative welding site out there. I will also post neat videos that I have come across to share with everyone and we can comment about those too. Thanks for taking the time to check it out and I hope to hear from you soon.

Jake
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 11-27-2009 06:04
Hey Jacob

You just made your first post on the most informative welding site out there...  :)

Welcome to it.
Parent - - By Jacob Cassady (*) Date 11-27-2009 06:11
Ok, i guess you got me there....I also want a good informative welding site to help out people wanting to learn about it or just wanting to talk about what they know....also, I just lost my job a couple of weeks ago and started my blog with adsense. I don't know if you know what that is, but it is where when people visit my blog and click on the ads I get a little bit of money for it. It's not much, but I have a family to feed and x-mas is coming up. So if you ever do visit my site click on an add or two, it will help me out so much....meanwhile I will continue to work on the content and see if I can post some useful information. Thanks so much for commenting! Talk to you later

Jake
Parent - - By waccobird (****) Date 11-27-2009 14:18
Jacob Cassady
As Lawrence said You just made your first post on the most informative welding site out there.
Can't imagine any reason to go click on your links, so my suggestion if you want to feed your family and celebrate pagan invested days it is get yourself from in front of the computer and find a real job.
Good Luck and Welcome to American Welding Society Online Forum.
Sincerely
Marshall
Parent - - By Jacob Cassady (*) Date 11-27-2009 17:03
Wow, so of you really get rude on here don't ya. Sorry not everyone can be as lucky as you and not worry about a job. I was working 40+ hours and going to night classes full time and then my daughter got sick and put in the hospital. Hadn't been there a year yet to get FMLA so I had to miss work and they counted it unexcused because I also didn't have any time to take. I've put in more applications in the past to weeks two weeks than you have ever had to put in. I didn't come here to talk to people with no compassion and that want to offer no help. So if you don't have something nice or helpful to say then STAY OFF MY POST! I've been going to welding school and I'm just about done so maybe then I'll have a better chance of getting that job I'm looking for. Thanks in advance to all you Nice guys out there willing to help a guy out.

Thank you and God Bless

Jake  
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 11-27-2009 18:41
Since when did you think that you actually own a post in here Jacob???
I mean, you come in here with good yet somewhat redundant intentions of building "the most informative welding site out there." The only one who owns any post in here are the administrators - PERIOD!!! So, start Reading the Rules and Regulations in here before you start talking like someone who is totally clueless - CAPECHE???

It is clearly explained to you that this site IS ALREADY THE MOST INFORMATIVE WELDING SITE OUT THERE!!! And your reaction is to get mad, and on top of that, claim that this is your post???

First off it's not called a post because a post is what you post up - CAPECHE??? It's called a thread when more than one post is on that thread including replies...

There's much for you to learn especially in here so if I were you, I would cut myself a nice fat piece of humble pie and start learning instead of coming in here asking for this and that which we do not intend to assist you in the first place because number one, this site has been inundated with many spammers with all sort of advertisement links much like what you were alluding to, so we're kind of tired of that sort of stuff...

Then, this site has all sorts of participants including myself who have been here for quite some time before you, and have been going through some tough times of their own as well!!! So, it's not that we're not sympathetic to your plight, but this is not the place to come begging for financial assistance whether it be direct, or indirect in nature as you have alluded in your initial post which is NOW The AWS Forum's THREAD!!!

Now if you want to start a blog in I suggest that you cut yourself a nice piece of humble pie, start reading some of the many, many threads that cover more welding related topics than anywhere else, and start learning a bit more how this place works as well as learning a whole lot more about welding than you could ever learn at school.

Finally, I would like to "Weldcome you to The World's Greatest Welding forum!!!" :) :) :)

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By Jacob Cassady (*) Date 11-27-2009 19:47
You shouldn't really put respectfully at the end of your feed if you aren't going to be respectful. I know that this is THE best place to find information and advise about welding, but I also believe that there is nothing wrong with more than one GOOD information site about welding. I never even touched a welder until I went to college. The first time I put a welding rod in my hand I was stuck. I love welding like no other job out there and hope to be as good as some of you someday. I know this is the place to find good advise and learn a lot of things. If I didn't know that then I wouldn't have joined AWS. I've read a few others of your feeds Henry and it seems to me that I'm not the only one you are kinda rude to. In fact I have seen that a lot around this place. I didn't come in here to spam anyone just to spread the word about my blog and that I would like to make it a good informative blog. Now if none of you want to help that is fine. But you don't have to made rude comments and try to run me off. I can't figure out why people on here wouldn't welcome someone that is trying to spread GOOD advise and information to people that may not know about welding. I know I would like to get to know some of you a little better because I know you are good welders and are not jerkish all the time. You will see I will show you the up most respect for what you do and would like the same in return. I have a lot to learn being this young in the field. But I am ready and willing to take the advise of others. I know there are a lot of jobs out there that involve welding and I would love to hear about some. I worked in the bridge girder business for a little while and I loved it. That is the job I mentioned having in the last feed. I learned a lot there and worked with a lot of nice guys, but the plant manager talked down to the guys all the time and got in their faces. That was the only downside. As far as the work, it was great. Enjoyed everything from the fitting to the final welding. I will continue to read the threads that have been previously posted thanks to all you fine people out there and ask any questions that I have. Maybe I'll find something I can say or ask that wont get a rude reply. Sorry things got off on such a bad start, maybe we can turn this around.

God Bless,

Jake
Parent - - By rondar (*) Date 11-27-2009 20:58
Why don't you give this fella a break?  Welcome him to the AWS site and then wish him well on his new venture. How do you know you can't learn something from his new site? I bet that I am older,and have more experience than you two, and I never get too old to learn. Welcome to this site Jake.
                                                    Good Luck,
                                                     RJS
Parent - - By Jacob Cassady (*) Date 11-27-2009 21:07
Thanks man. Was beginning to think I was never going to catch a break. I'm not hard to get along with. I joined AWS thinking I would be able to talk with some guys and get ideas to write about on my blog. I know this site is full of information and really great stuff. I just want to add good information on more than one site. I'm willing to learn pretty much anything about this profession. I'm just going over the basics of each welding process right now on my blog. When I am done with that I hope to get ideas on what to go into deeper. Thanks for not jumping on the band wagon the others have. I'm sure we will talk again.

God Bless,

Jake
Parent - By rondar (*) Date 11-27-2009 21:21
Jake,
Good luck with your site. I will look at it. Not everyone on this site is rude. There are some good people on here and most everyone is willing to help you any way they can, me included.
                                                                                RJS
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 11-27-2009 22:52 Edited 11-27-2009 22:55
Hey Jacob!

Well then I guess you only read what you wanted to read Jacob because I did "Weldcome" you here!!! ;) The same goes for you Rondar!!! I don't come here to win a popularity contest if that's what you think this is all about young man!!! You just don't get it do you??? You know the term "Denial" is NOT a river in Egypt Jacob!!! Did you or did you not write this on the previous post you made in replying to Waccobird which I copied and pasted form your reply to him???

"I've put in more applications in the past to weeks two weeks than you have ever had to put in. I didn't come here to talk to people with no compassion and that want to offer no help. So if you don't have something nice or helpful to say then STAY OFF MY POST!"

Now how is anyone in their right mind going to give you one grain worth of respect to you with those comments young man!!! You have got to be kidding when you claim that you have put out more applications than someone possibly thirty years your senior and I might add, has been through quite a few recessions to boot!!!

Honestly, you really do not have leg to stand on son, and if you think just because you only read a mere fraction of all of the posts I've put up in here since May of 2001 as being rude, then you need to convince a whole lot of folks to agree on that exaggeration!!! I'm not one to brag, but most of the posts that have links to informative info attached to them as well as written knowledge from my own as well as others who together contribute an abundance of knowledge that's invaluable for others to use.... I would say that at least a fifth of it was put up by myself and maybe four others in here, so please do not paint a picture in your mind of who I am in here based on the very few posts that you have read which I have posted in here recently!!!

Because I only get rude to someone who starts with me, or with any of my friends in here which Marshall (Waccobird) happens to be one of them, and not the other way around... In fact, I was rather easy on you because of the fact that you are a newcomer, but that doesn't give you Carte Blanche to come in here expecting us to follow your lead just because you expect it to be like that, or you're going through a rough time in your life currently because I've got news for you son - You're NOT THE ONLY ONE SUFFERING, SO SHOW A LITTLE MORE GTRATITUDE IN YOUR ATTITUDE!!! Be grateful that you still have family together since there have been a few Gents in here that have lost theirs due to a variety of reasons, but mostly because of money problems...

I have earned the respect of the majority of my peers in here over time, yet you come in here demanding that we treat you the same without ever even contributing zilch except to judge us as if all we do is be rude or mean to anyone new in here!!! You don't even have a clue as to how many folks I have personally "Weldcomed" in here over the years, so please give it up already for cryin out loud!!! You really don't have that much to teach most folks in here since  most of us have been in this skilled trades, or combination of trades a heck of a lot longer than you Jacob, so get real!!!

Now nobody told you to get lost!!! So, I really don't know why you just can't find yourself a generous portion of humble pie and slowly enjoy it while soaking up as much knowledge and solid educational information available to you in here - CAPECHE??? Then when you have questions, need some clarification to the meaning of some terms, or applications or anything that you don't understand, then feel free to do so with the understanding that most of us will be more than happy to guide you through your journey which has only just begun son! And if you think you have something relevant to contribute, then by all means do so!!!

Once again, and just in case both you and Rondar just didn't bother to read it in the previous post I put up: "WELDCOME TO THE WORLD'S GREATEST WELDING FORUM!!! :) :) :)"

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By Jacob Cassady (*) Date 11-28-2009 00:08
Hey Henry,

What I don't understand is why you jumped my case on your very fist reply to my post. If you read my first post it does say that I don't know as much as a lot of the guys on here and would be willing to learn from them. I am very young in this field and believe me that I don't have a problem taking advise from someone that has been in it for a long time. I never said anything mean to anyone to start this junk. As a matter of fact I really cant stand drama. I'm not here to start trouble with anyone. I am a very non-confrontational person. If you were not being sarcastic and rude in your first post then I'm sorry for accusing you of it, but that is the way your words come across Sir.

God Bless

Jake
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 11-28-2009 01:31 Edited 11-28-2009 01:38
It's okay Jacob! ;) What you need to do now is to believe that things will get better for you and your family soon!!! I know that it's gnawing at your very spirit, and worrying you silly about not being able to find some full time work and all to support your family, but you need to understand that things will be getting better for you soon enough so long as you keep a positive outlook which I know you already have... We don't want you to get the idea that you're not Weldcome here!!! On the contrary Jacob! Semantics does have a way with sometimes having people misunderstanding other peoples intentions when they write something in a post, and that's something that can be problematic at times, yet please understand that our intentions were without malice and instead attempting to let you know that we're all in this together, and that Jacob - you can take to the BANK!!! ;)

So hang in there and buckle up because you're now in for one heck of a ride in this journey through life which you are just beginning!!! :) :) :)

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By rondar (*) Date 11-28-2009 00:15
Henry,
All I said was to give the man a break and hear what he has to contribute. There is no need to go off like you did. Hell,
I have never learned what I know in one place. I think a man should open his mind to a multitude of places of knowledge. I have never met anyone that I couldn't learn from. You seem to be an "OLD TIMER" like me. These young welders need us for knowledge that we hold that they can't get out of a book. If we don't pass this knowledge down, it will be lost forever. I apologize if I offended your sensitive nature. When I joined this forum, I wasn't aware that anyone was trying to win a popularity contest. I thought this would be a good forum to learn from, share ideas and to just shoot the bull  with other welders and craftsmen in the welding trades. I don't step on peoples toes or demean them. I treat everyone with respect and I like the same treatment in return. Again, I apoligize if I offended you in any way. I just think that Jake has the right to this forum just like anyone else.
                                                  RJS
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 11-28-2009 01:18 Edited 11-28-2009 13:57
Apology accepted!!! However, nobody said he didn't have the right to participate... In fact, all of us did "weldcome" him to the forum... We just didn't agree with him in having to help him create another website that had all sorts of advertisement within the type of blog he wanted to have us help him with when "The World's Greatest Welding Forum" already exists!!! So we wanted him to know that the type of site in which he was aspiring to create - already existed in here! ;)

He took it as an insult, yet we were just giving him the facts, and he responded by calling us rude, then claimed that the thread was "His Post!" at Waccobird, which to me was being totally arrogant and disrespectful towards not only a friend of mine in here, but also to someone who was just trying to be honest and straightforward to Jacob, so if there's anyone being totally overly sensitive from the get go - it's Jacob because he has yet to learn how to show some respect towards his elders, or more experienced "tradefolks" in here!!! What you need to do is to carefully read each post chronologically, and then you'll see where I'm coming from - Plain and simple! ;)

He even admitted in one of his posts that he has a problem with authority by mentioning that his shop manager, supervisor, or foremen was always talking down to everybody! That just tells me that he needs to get that proverbial "authority chip" off his shoulders already! I can also relate to this as well because when I was around his age or possibly even younger, I had a problem with authority back then as well, but I'm much better at it ever since almost got fired because of it many moons ago... So Rondar, Jacob! once again - WELDCOME TO THE WORLD'S GREATEST WELDING FORUM and don't forget to breathe!!! :) :) :)

Respectfully,
Henry

Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 11-28-2009 14:19
Henry, I want to confess.  I also have a problem with authority. Maybe we should start a support group.
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 11-28-2009 14:25
I read you loud and clear Brother!!! :) :) :)

Now if you want some more laughter, go read my response to "Weldthis" in this section for at least a laugh or two!

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 11-28-2009 14:29
I did   ITS GREAT. Read mine in the OTBG
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 11-28-2009 14:36 Edited 11-28-2009 14:40
I did... Even funnier than mine especially with the autograph part!!! ;) ;) ;)  Btw, which one's wife do you think it is??? ROTFLMFAOAAA!!! :) :) :) Either way, they're both spineless poor excuses of insecure males crying to their mommy figures such as their wives!!! I mean how low can one go??? They ought to be ashamed of themselves!!! :) :) :)

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 11-28-2009 14:38
DONKEY'S
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 11-28-2009 14:44
I was thinking the same at first, then another "FAN" of yours also came to mind, then I  noticed how bad this wife spelled and had almost as rough of a time putting her words together as well, and I said to myself: "It's gotta be that Dumb@$$ Donkey's wife!!! :) Too FRIGGIN FUNNY!!! ;) MAN! it's not even 10 in the morning over here and I'm all ready laughed out!!! ;) Have a GREAT DAY Dwayne! ;)

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 11-28-2009 14:46
Me TOO ! I had about 10 messages this morning about WELDTHIS, What an Idiot
Parent - By rick harnish (***) Date 11-28-2009 01:25
Turn this around!
Hank is protective of him and his. Its what he has done all his life.
He will also take the time to produce some of the most informative posts on this site. On or off topic.
In his words, "WELDCOME JACOB".
DAMN IT, YOU BEAT ME BY THREE MINUTES!!
Parent - - By waccobird (****) Date 11-28-2009 13:31 Edited 11-28-2009 14:23
RJS
You lost the bet about age, sorry I don't have my birthday up there but for your info it was 01-25-1953. A few months before the one you have posted. And as far as experiences that is up for discussion also. I was born in a small country town in Texas and was raised on the farm learning through the mentoring of others most of them having a Stoic Philosophy. I didn't learn by telling them how I thought it should be done, I learned by doing it their way and experimenting on my own and failing till I got it right. One of the reasons I am on this forum is to learn, and I am continually learning and growing from things like the informative posts on here, some are from older and more experienced and some are from younger more knowledgeable. I learned a long time ago you can not judge a book by it's cover alone. Another reason I am on here is to give back to others from what I have received and learned.
I am Blessed more than anyone I know and and thankful for those that busted my bubble when I was younger that taught me the reality of life.
I never questioned his rights to be on here, I just told him the truth. And my wife can tell you all better than me that I am so truthful and honest I stay in the doghouse,LoL.
Marshall
Parent - - By rondar (*) Date 11-28-2009 18:32 Edited 11-28-2009 18:53
Marshall,
I didn't know I addressed you. I think it was Henry I was taking to. I'll send you a birthday card!!!!!!!!!!!
Parent - - By waccobird (****) Date 11-28-2009 18:49
RJS
That is not necessary, money will do just fine.LoL
Marshall
Parent - - By rondar (*) Date 11-28-2009 18:57
Marshall,
Hell, I was overextending by sending the birthday card.....LOL
RJS
Parent - - By waccobird (****) Date 11-28-2009 19:11
RJS
Thanks for the thought but I really quit having those days after I started getting fan mail from AARP. LoL
I don't feel older anymore so I try not to notice the years as they fly by so much faster than I remember.
Got to go do Honey=do's and try getting out of the doghouse.
Marshall
Parent - By rondar (*) Date 11-28-2009 21:38
Marshall,
I know what you mean. When I started getting AARP mail I thought, "How did they find out"....Hell I refuse to feel old even though I am getting old. Glad to see that someone thinks the same as me. Nice chatting with you.
            RJS
Parent - - By waccobird (****) Date 11-28-2009 12:58
Jacob Cassady
Others have posted and a lot has been said but,
I guess you consider helpful information rude and I am glad that you are so knowing about me.
Generally that computer doesn't make you any money with out input.
You are asking others to come input info and click on links to make you money.
You know nothing of me and my work experiences. It started before you were born and continues today. You don't know of the disillusionment I felt for my country when after getting out of the Navy and applying for work found the government,(good pay and benefit), jobs all said things like we need to hire a minority.
I took lesser jobs and grew. I make a living any way legal I can. I learned to weld from working in a shop and asking questions and practicing on lunch breaks, not classes and college. I have become proficient in at least 5 metal joining processes and the other condiments associated with them. I learned and applied these experiences in such a way as now I am an AWS CWI. Over 42 years I have been working doing industrial metals fabrication.
I have children, grown now and there were times that they were also sick to the point of wondering if they would live.
Your experiences weren't posted till you decided to vent about your unfortunate circumstances. I know that it is unfortunate and heart breaking when little ones get sick, but there are priorities and unless you were medically qualified the best thing you could of done is went to work and kept your job so that either way her health went you would be more able to take care of her needs.
But you didn't. Go get a job and show the employer that you are there for them as they will be there for you unless you want to take from others without repaying them.
and again I will welcome you to the forum and tell you that if you have a question chances are that you can or will find admirable folks on here that will answer it and not ask for anything in return other than if they have a question and you have the answer you freely give it.
Jacob do you know what sincerely means? I have seen this world even longer than rondar wants to boast about and have learned that the best way to learn is to listen closely, I didn't call you names or assume anything about you. I replied to your first post on this forum as helpful as I could with the information, knowledge, and wisdom I have. Sorry it wasn't what you wanted to hear but I feel it was still the best for the info you presented. You say you didn't pick up welding till college, what were you taking in college? You said you lost your job working 40+ hours and going to night classes but you didn't say what the job or classes were about.
The information you get from me will be heartfelt and experience learned and I will not butter it up.
So again Good Luck and Welcome to American Welding Society Online Forum.
Sincerely
Marshall
Parent - - By Jacob Cassady (*) Date 11-28-2009 15:49
Hi Marshall,

I am just out of an AAS in welding from Ivy Tech. Didn't know one thing about welding till I got there. Then I couldn't get enough of it. As far as the job I had, I was making girders for a bridge building company. I learned the SAW process there. Do you know if AWS has a certification for SAW? We only ever got certified through the company. I liked doing that process a lot. Puts down a wonderful looking weld. I got certified in SMAW and FCAW 1" to unlimited plate. Will be certified in GTAW and Pipe welding after this sem. I'm trying to get all the knowledge I can to take the CWI test in a few years. I know I have to have 5yrs experience in the field before I can even take the test. It's nice to be going to the Ivy Tech that I am going to right now because they are a registered testing facility for AWS so I don't have to go somewhere else to do any testing, and one of our instructors is a CWI and a certified welding educator. Thanks for the response.

God Bless

Jake
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 11-28-2009 16:28
Jacob,

You sure can take the exam before the 5 year requirement... The only difference is that if you pass all three parts, you would have to wait until you become a full fledged CWI/CWE once you have the 5 years under your belt... So until then, you would be given CAWI status instead, but that is only if you pass! Also, you must meet all of the requirements of AWS QC-1 as well.

I would suggest to look into the AWS website which you can browse directly from the forum via the link above ,and visit the Certification section where you can find all sorts of relevant information regarding your future aspirations. Once there take a look at QC-1 which you can download and view via .pdf to get a better understanding of the requirements as well as the alternative avenues available to you as well...

Then take a look for the "Body of Knowledge" which should also be in .pdf format to help you get a better idea of what topics are to be covered in the exam and how to better prepare yourself once you decide to take the plunge... finally, in this forum there are so many queries regarding the CWI exam that it'll make your head spin!!! Seriously though, there is so much really good advice posted in here by many upstanding individuals over the years that you would be doing a disservice to yourself in not studying them as well, and all you need to do is to use the search function for the forum and you should be busy reading for quite some time so, feel free to ask even more questions.

Respectfully,
henry
Parent - By waccobird (****) Date 11-28-2009 17:08
Jacob Cassady
again welcome
Information is the key to answering any question effectively, I am learning this more and more day by day. Henry has helped me a lot to see this, he is very informative and diligent in trying to convey the correct answers to posters meant questions.
But I will say that the Code for your situation is the place to look for answers.
Submerged Arc Welding (SAW), an automated welding process that frequently used when welding in a fabrication shop.
The SMAW process is highly dependent on the skill of the welder while the SAW process is not.  The SAW process results in more consistent weld and generally a strength bonus. It is a process that one can qualify as a Welding Operator to. The AWS Certified Welder program can be examined here, http://www.aws.org/w/a/certification/CW/
AWS D1.5 is the code generally used in the Bridge industry but then again if the bridge is fabricated using Hollow Structural Sections you have to refer back to D1.1 or other codes that may apply, as D1.5 backs away from HSS. So as You can see there are numerous  avenues for answers to your question.
Having papers from another employer or AWS helps but speaking from experiences, a piece of paper with you qualification/certification is just that a piece of paper. If an applicant comes to interview for a job they will generally have to qualify for the company applying to, this may not be all inclusive but as the employer is the responsible party for the weld the welder produces I would want to make sure they can produce sound weld consistently with my equipment and Procedures.
Also on another statement you made concerning experience for taking the cwi exam the experience requirement can be met other ways besides actually on the job, Clause 5.2.3 of AWS B5.1 http://files.aws.org/certification/docs/b5.1-2003-errata.pdf
AWS Certification of Welding Inspector http://www.aws.org/w/a/certification/CWI/
Good Luck and Keep trying, don't get frustrated, as there is no pill we can take for any of this just determination and work will pay off.
Sincerely
Marshall
Parent - - By waccobird (****) Date 11-28-2009 17:27
Jacob Cassady
one more thing you said "I got certified in SMAW and FCAW 1" to unlimited plate". I imagine you meant to say you qualified on 1" plate which qualifies your material thickness for 1/8" to unlimited thickness, the test also qualified you for a material range and position.
A big factor in a good CWI is writing what you mean or observed so that others can also see it.
The old adage, I know you understand what you think I said but I don't think you realize what you heard was not what I meant.
Marshall
Parent - By Jacob Cassady (*) Date 11-28-2009 17:35
Yes, that is what I meant. That I testes on 1" and that it qualified me to weld from 1/8" to unlimited. I guess the wording on that was a little funny. Thanks

God Bless

Jake
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 11-28-2009 04:09
Jacob, Welcome to the "World's Best Welding Website", a name given to this site by far better men than Myself.

You will learn a lot here, as among those who post are some of the top people in the welding field.

I can understand that You are scratching to make ends meet, but You need to understand that the people who have put a lot of effort into making this site what it is might have little interest in re-inventing the wheel, so to speak.
Parent - By Jacob Cassady (*) Date 11-28-2009 15:57
Hi Dave,

I agree with everyone about this being the "World's Best Welding Website", and I don't want to re-invent the wheel. I just think that two wheels are better than one. There's not a lot of good welding sites out there and some people don't know about this one. Just thought that if there was more than one website out there with quality information about welding then less people would be get bad information and advise. Thanks for your thoughts.

God Bless

Jake
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / check out my blog