Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Technical Standards & Publications / D1.1
- - By esmeraldaalviso Date 05-21-2011 17:35
:cry: Did somebody know who can sale me a use code book AWS D1.1 editon 2010 .....you know the new edition is apply on Jun 2011 for a cwi test and I have the edition 2008 ( the one I been studying)  I need it asap and sheap ...I spend alot of money on classes and test :cry:
Parent - - By Superflux (****) Date 05-22-2011 18:01
esmeraldaalviso ,

I first want to wish you good luck on your upcoming CWI exam. I unfortunately cannot help you.
BUT! I have taken the CWI exam a few times and can tell you that I have seen many people come to the exam and have forgotten one thing or another such as eyeglasses, the code book, etc. I forgot my calculator the last time and borrowed the "Fisher Price" model from the front desk clerk of the hotel on my way to the test site.

What I would suggest if you cannot get a copy by test day is this. Bring your 2008 book. Worst case scenario is you might have to use it. The changes from 2008 to 2010 are most likely not going to be an issue in the test questions. What usually happens is people network the evening before or just prior to test time and arrange with the Proctors to schedule them at different intervals so that they may share code books. I have seen where this happens when a small company has sent 2 individuals to the test with only one book between them. And have never seen anyone not be able to borrow a book.
Parent - By esmeraldaalviso Date 05-23-2011 22:10
Thank you for your good wishes...I realy ganna need it
Parent - - By 99205 (***) Date 05-22-2011 19:33 Edited 05-23-2011 03:16
:cool:
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 05-22-2011 22:16
Gentlemen,

Please read the information on the AWS Website for CWI exams.  It says 'ONLY' D1.1:2010. 

http://www.aws.org/w/a/certification/CWI/

There are other locations that still say the 2006 & 2008 editions will be allowed and at the last Phoenix exams I assisted at several people had the exam acknowledgement papers from Miami that stated that the examinee could use 2006, 2008, or 2010.  Now, the exam I proctored was in March and the 'Note' says effective June 1, 2011. 

AWS needs to get all aspects organized and together on this.  BUT, the information that the proctors are given says only 2010 and the NOTE on the website says ONLY 2010 effective June 1, 2011.

While I agree that you could more than likely pass with any of the afore mentioned editions, you won't be able to challenge any questions that may make the difference between passing or failing. 

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - By esmeraldaalviso Date 05-23-2011 22:13
Thank you for your information Brent,
if you know somebody that sale the edition 2010 sheaper thas AWS? Please let me know....
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Technical Standards & Publications / D1.1