Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / 510
- - By junkiron (**) Date 05-31-2011 03:02
Im taking the API 510 wednesday in Houston, ive been doing allright in the course. 1st time, anyone have any pointers. How Difficult is it.
Parent - - By js55 (*****) Date 05-31-2011 11:43
Its a relatively tough test. They are serious about its prestige and ligitimacy. If you took one of the courses for prep do not trust them when they say you do not need to memorize equations. There will be some memorization of equations needed.
Parent - - By junkiron (**) Date 05-31-2011 22:35
when did you take it, I just finished up codewest course
Parent - By js55 (*****) Date 06-01-2011 12:12
Well over a year ago. And it sounds like I did it the way you are. I always prefer a gap between the course and the test. Did it that way with CWI and I do it that way with API. The course, of which I think Code West is quite good(the 510 guys seem especially knowledgeable), helps establish the target subject matter, then you have extra time to study before the test. I took Code West in Houston on Westheimer, and took the test in Charleston WV.
Some criticize the idea of study for the test. IMO I do not have a problem with that because you are only establishing a foundation anyway. YOu will learn on the job. Always. Always.
And in any case, if you wish to get more out of it than test study then ask questions. They are always helpful in answering. You get out of it what you put into it.
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / 510