Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / CWI questions and career opps
- - By ironmanjohn25 Date 01-09-2012 19:43
I am 26 year old AWS D1.1 certified welder and cellular tower technician. I have been in this industry for about 4-5 years. I have had some inspectors come and check our work on our cell sites. It seems that being an inspector for one of these companies can be very rewarding. I was just promised a TIA certification. This is one where it involves plumb and tensioning of guy wire towers. My company backed out of paying for me to take this course and i am very disappointed. I thought this would be the next step in getting closer to doing more paper work etc closer to a foreman position. On one occasion and inspector told me that they hire guys to climb and do the inspections on tower work. I think a CWI would put me in a position where i could make more money and do less. The inspector i talked with gave me his card and told me to call him for job opportunities if i ever got the certification.

IS THIS SOMETHING I CAN MAKE A CAREER OUT OF? I am hoping to become some type of consultant or something of that nature one day.

Is this the right certification for me?

Should i be buying a book in advance and studying on my own before hand? I am more then willing to pay the 2500 for the course if this can put me in a position where i can bring in the same or more income.
Parent - By waccobird (****) Date 01-09-2012 20:17
ironmanjohn25

Welcome to the American Welding Society Online Forum.
You really don't have enough information given for an answer. schooling...
Here is a link that will give you more information.
Yes a CWI can be something you want to pursue.

http://www.aws.org/certification/CWI/

Again Welcome to the Forum and Good Luck

Marshall
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / CWI questions and career opps