Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / Online CWI Training
- - By Oneatatime (**) Date 02-12-2012 03:15
Has anyone used online cwi training? I ordered one of the modules and it was the same questions from the API 1104 study guide, word for word. They refunded my $ but i feel like there is a slight injustice in my stomach still.
Parent - - By 99205 (***) Date 02-12-2012 04:11
Hell, for a couple bottles of beer, I'll direct you to a "reference" that has damn near all the answers to the CWI Test.
Parent - - By Oneatatime (**) Date 02-12-2012 21:54
And what is this reference?
Parent - - By 99205 (***) Date 02-12-2012 23:50
D1.1, 2010
Parent - By Oneatatime (**) Date 02-13-2012 03:51
lol im takin it to API, and yes that is a quite interesting response, Although i was looking for more practice questions so i bought one of the modules, and it was all the same stuff from the AWS literature word for word in the same order and i kinda thought it was rather shady of them.
Parent - - By vagabond (***) Date 03-08-2012 13:30
Now that is funny.  I don't care who you are.  I always tell people the "secret" to passing is STUDY hahaha.  Everyone always wants to know if the CWI or API tests are hard. . . . .nope they're easy as pie.  Just keep that 50% fail rate forever to scare people off.  I love it. . . . . I had an auditor ask me one time when I was testing welders on a boiler outage what my title was and I told him grief counselor. . . . . all this and a paycheck too!!
Parent - By Joseph P. Kane (****) Date 03-08-2012 22:15
Grief Counselor!!! That is a good one!
- - By jbndt (**) Date 03-08-2012 22:32
Dr. Dutch ... :lol:

Cheers,
jb
Parent - - By vagabond (***) Date 03-10-2012 04:08
:cool:I was going to be a dentist. . . .but this is about the same.  Most days it's like pulling teeth.:eek:
Parent - - By Oneatatime (**) Date 03-19-2012 04:13
Well it is done and to tell ya the truth i am pretty certain i passed, if i had any trouble it was on the part b, my vwac was off so i challenged the question, and i changed my mind on another question and had to go look it up after the test and i got it wrong, then another about minimum temperature and i couldnt figure it out, i searched that book up one side and down the other and never found anything that coincided with any of the answers in any way shape or form, as far as part a and code book, i was done with both in less than a hour and i know i passed them with flyin colors, i was rather intrigued as i figured it would have been alot harder than it was. I took the seminar with Mr. Sturgill, he was great and quite impressive, i was happy he didn't go off into tangents about his work and random stories during the seminar. I am still awaiting my results i should have it this week sometime.
Parent - - By Oneatatime (**) Date 03-21-2012 05:10
I received confirmation this morning i passed the AWS CWI/CWE exam, i am now interested to see the scores i received, I took the week seminar with Mr. Sturgill and was beyond impressed with his direction and his help he offered the class. I have always heard how hard this test is and how difficult it is, i felt it to be alot easier than the voodoo i have read on the internet. :grin:
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 03-22-2012 11:27
Congrats.  You will always learn a lot from Lynn's classes.  He is very good and presents the material at a good level. 

For me, one of the advantages of the seminar is to get your head on straight.  Gives you a chance to refresh knowledge, learn more, relax in the exam settings, etc.

Then, for someone definitely not new to welding, it is not difficult.  Neither is it a breeze though.

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / Online CWI Training