Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / CWI Certification
- - By weldo (*) Date 06-02-2012 05:23
I am interested in becoming a CWI, but not sure of the qualifications and education necessary to do so, I have been welding for 25 to 30 years in various types of processes and materials from pipe to structural steel, also not sure when I would have time to do so with holding down a full time job in supervision, but I do want to further my career and broaden my horizons, any input and info. will be welcome and appreciated.

Thanks, Steve
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 06-02-2012 12:56
Steve,

Your best bet is to go to the AWS Website and go to 'Certifications'.  From there you can search the CWI database and get all your information.  From there or the 'Bookstore' you can download QC-1 for free and also read the qualifications.  Also read through the suggested self-study materials list and see what you may want to buy and study before you would take the seminar and exam.  I do recommend the seminar.  Odds of passing are considerably higher for those who take it. 

After wading through this information you can better decide if you really want to pursue it.  It is worth it.  Best move I made.  Only wish I had done it years earlier.

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / CWI Certification