Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / CWI API 1104
- - By allansitu84516 Date 08-20-2012 18:56
hi i am a NDT inspector taking my CWI exam this October. i am testing to API 1104. i have never welded before, inspection is what i do. i have only been studying for about 2 weeks on only one book" CERTIFICATION MANUAL FOR WELDING INSPECTORS fourth edition" from AWS. i also just ordered the 1104 codebook which will come in a couple weeks so i can study that one too. anybody has any input and suggestions? i especially want to know what other books i should be getting to study on the practical part of the exam. thanks
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 08-20-2012 19:49
Answered in part in your other post...

FYI... You only need to make your post in one section....  The guys will find it just fine    :)

Welcome to the Forum!
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 08-20-2012 23:15
Thank you Lawrence for that point to our new member,

Please, just post your query once in one location.  Even if you place it improperly it will get answers.

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - - By qcrobert (***) Date 08-21-2012 17:44
Yes, even improper posts in the right section will get answers...:eek::wink:
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 08-22-2012 05:45
Drum Roll.......:eek::lol::razz::yell::wink::cool:

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 09-03-2012 20:58
Welcome back Henry!! Good to have you back in the old neighborhood!!!
Parent - By Oneatatime (**) Date 08-31-2012 02:52
The WIT book is another good read, A2.4 Symbols, The welding handbook on ESW, The API study guide isnt really all that much help but is another read, the Lincoln procedure handbook, might wanna go ahead and read about GTAW,GMAW,SMAW,SAW,FCAW and read them once a week if you don't know much about welding, The Visual Inspection book, and practicing with guided bends based upon the fake code, and throw in some fillet welds while your at it, Z49.1 Safety and health for welders. I spent 4 months preparing, the week of the test i drove over an hour and a half each way, stayed the night in the motel the night before, got fat and slept. There is no decent way to practice for the practical portion other than going through scenarios in your head, I studied for 4 months and passed with ease, Good luck.
- - By Sourdough (****) Date 10-11-2012 03:10
I am also looking to inspect. D1.1/5, and 1104. For a welder, what is the best avenue for studying at home. Given the fact that I discern good welds from bad, and parameters for such welds....what personal advice could I get here? I'm academically viable.
Parent - By 357max (***) Date 10-11-2012 14:06
A very good study guide would be the ninth edition of the aws welding handbook volume 1 welding science & technology. alot of the afore mentioned materials are the "readers digest" version.
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / CWI API 1104