Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / ASNT NDT Level UT III
- - By supermoto (***) Date 08-17-2014 20:28 Edited 08-20-2014 02:10
After reading many responses and questions on here about the Level III Basic and the UT Level III I have came to the conclusion:

1. As of right now seems to be no knowledge of Phased Array on UT Method exam.

2. I have all the recommended study materials from ASNT, to include SNT-TC-1A, CP-189, CP-105, along with borrowed Hellier handouts and a bank of questions and answers of various methods.

3. Looks like a lot of this is repeat of CWI study with more depth into other NDE methods with less welding knowledge.

4. I see some people say to have knowledge of CP-105, but I don't see why I need to know this as it is just an outline of various methods.  Why would I need to know that section 1.0 of Computed Tomography Testing is about Advanced Theoretical Background or section 1.1.3.1 is Voltage Spark for Leak Testing Methods Course.  I mean what type of questions would be asked of CP-105?

Any advice is always helpful for the future.  Thanks.
Parent - - By rjtinsp (*) Date 08-20-2014 22:47
There were no questions from the CP-105 material on the basic exam when I took it. There are however a lot of questions on material processing so you will want to know that material really well and as advertised they will ask level II questions from every method. Use the study guide for the basic exam as a guage for how prepared you are.

Good luck on your studies.
Ramon
Parent - - By supermoto (***) Date 08-20-2014 23:11
Thanks for your response.  I hope to be prepared.  I don't know why people are saying there are questions from CP-105, maybe they are confused with CP-189.
Parent - By rjtinsp (*) Date 08-21-2014 05:26
Oh yeah that reminds me, know CP-189 and TC-1A well especially the differences between the two.

Ramon
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / ASNT NDT Level UT III