Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / In recognition
- - By Mwccwi (***) Date 09-06-2014 15:29
To all who may read these letters, Greetings
Hereby it is certifed that upon the recommendation of the Faculty, the Board of Trustees of Seiena Heights Universtiy, Adrian, Michigan, have conferred on
Martin William Cramer
Bachelor of Appied Science
in recognition of the satisfatory fullfillment of the requirements pertaining to this degree.
Dated this twenty third day of August, two thousand fourteen.
Cum Laude

Yahoo :grin: :grin:
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 09-06-2014 15:52
Congratulations!

Al
Parent - By Superflux (****) Date 09-06-2014 16:59
Way to go.
Awesome accomplishment.
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 09-06-2014 21:39
Well done Martin.  Congrats are in order.  Thanks for the update on your educational endeavors. 

Pretty great feeling to reach a level of accomplishment isn't it?

He Is In Control, Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - - By Mwccwi (***) Date 09-07-2014 00:33
Thanks to everyone, I just had to share my excitement of finally achieving this goal that started 17 years ago with my AAS degree in Welding Technology. I've been part of this forum family reading posts nearly everyday and occasionally posting a few myself for the last decade and wanted to share my good news with those I consider my extended family in the brotherhood of welding passion. This proves that you can teach an old dog new tricks.
The next goals that I have set are to take the AWS on-line pre- CWI training (to check it out) then after I renew my CWI for the 5th time before November. I plan to attempt to simultaneously get 3 the CWI endorsements at one of the testing Saturdays before my second 9-year renewal is due. I will attempt to get D1.1, D1.2, and D17.1, I believe that the AWS will let me sit for all three code endorsement exams on the same day, as long as I'm willing to pay for it.
I took my original CWI exam with the API 1104 but never had a job that required the use of that code so I'm after the endorsements for the codes that I use most frequently. If I can pull it off it will allow me to have 4 endorsements added to my CWI, I think that will be a cool card.
Working insane hours, dealing with the wife's breast cancer and 4 failed reconstruction attempts AND still pulling off the Cum Laude on my degree makes it seem so sweet.
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 09-07-2014 01:37
You have indeed been working on an overflowing cup.  It is obvious you are driven to complete your course.

Yes, AWS will allow you to sit for 3 in a day.  I have proctored exams with others doing that same thing.  They were adding to their credentials to help their college get certified as an ATF.  It will be a grueling day.  Keeping three codes separated in your mind is a challenge.  But, since you work to all three it shouldn't be too bad. 

Good luck, best wishes, and you and family are in our prayers.

He Is In Control, Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - - By Mwccwi (***) Date 09-07-2014 02:12
Thank you for the kind words Brent.
About a year ago my employer had 3 audits scheduled simultaneously We had Nadcap, AS9001, and  DCMA contract auditors in our shop all in the same week, it was interesting to say the least. I am listed by default in our QAM, "the on site CWI is recognized as the welding cognizant and certifying agent for all welding related activity". The Nacap audit, I was prepared for and it was the 1st Nacap audit that our company ever had with zero findings. The DVN coming in for an AS9001 audit caught me by surprise because engineering scheduled without consulting me. I knew that one of our Mil-Primes was coming to audit a new product launch, what I didn't know that because of other events on the Primes side that they would have DCMA with them and be coming in a week early. Pulling off that that challenge gave me the confidence to believe that I can pull off the 3 code endorsement exams with some extra studying and a lot of extra prayers,
Parent - By Mwccwi (***) Date 09-07-2014 02:41
Just a little FYI, I'm not planning the 3 test simultaneously because I like being tortured but because I don't care for the traveling and the fact that taking all 3 when the convention and testing site is in Chicago or Detroit will be the easiest on my cost.
Parent - - By Blaster (***) Date 09-08-2014 02:43
Congrats Martin, good for you!  I have always found it puzzling that a fair number of trades guys seem to see a trade and a college degree as an either/or type of proposition.  I think it is great to see college grads in the trades.
Parent - By Mwccwi (***) Date 09-08-2014 21:08
Blaster,
Thanks.
I kind of reverse engineered it welded professionally for 13 years, then earned an AAS degree in Welding Technology, then got the CWI, then added CWE, lead a few welding programs to success, welded some more, then earned the Bachelors degree. Maybe when I retire, I'll go into teaching like Gerald did. I can at least say I did it, now what to do with it?
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / In recognition