Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / CWI Exam
- - By TB48 (*) Date 07-15-2016 15:49
I have a work release guy that works with me that is wanting to study to become a CWI. He still has a couple of years before he gets out but is wanting to get everything in order if he can. He is asking me if the construction work that he has done through the prison will count towards his eligibility. I told him he would have to get letters from all his supervisors stating his work experience. Has anybody dealt with this before?
Parent - - By peterj357 (*) Date 07-15-2016 17:02
TB48,

I have never run across this situation before, but as long as his construction experience is related to welding fabrication and/or welding inspection I don't see why it wouldn't count towards his eligibility.  One thing that will dictate how much experience he needs is his education level.

AWS B5.1:2013 is the Specification for Qualification of Welding Inspectors, which lists all those requirements.  You can download it for free from the AWS website.

Here is a web address for the free downloads....    http://pubs.aws.org/t/FreeDownloads
Parent - By TB48 (*) Date 07-15-2016 18:07
Thanks peterj357. That is what I thought also.

I have downloaded the B5.1:2013 and the QC1:2007 and print it out for him. Hopefully that will help him.
- - By heims6 Date 08-24-2016 12:52
Does anyone have some practice questions for the 1.5 code book test.
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 08-24-2016 21:56
I could have so much fun with that one and no matter how I try to answer it looks like I am being sarcastic and a pain anyway.  :lol:

To start though, I don't.  Don't know who might other than maybe Real Education but they aren't going to just give them to you. 

If you already know your way around the book, just keep learning it.  That's all practice questions are really for, get used to searching for information from the book.

Make sure you know particulars about welder testing, PQR's, WPS's, Fabrication, and Inspections.  Read them, search them.  Come up with your own questions and try to find an answer. 

Good Luck.

He Is In Control, Have a Great Day,  Brent
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / CWI Exam