Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic AWS.org / Forum News & Help / Getting to know each other, another member passed
- - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 07-27-2016 14:57 Edited 07-27-2016 17:35
I have been wondering about Allan Evald as he was one of a few active member on a LinkedIn instructors group yet I hadn't seen any posts or responses too messages I sent.

I am terribly saddened to report that it looks like he has passed away. I questioned the other instructor by email and received confirmation

"Allan did pass on July 14 @ 12:45pm.
There will be a Celebration of Life on Aug. 6 @1pm here at LCC.
He was a super guy, good friend and wonderful working partner.
He will be missed everywhere."

In my journey to become a better teacher, he was instrumental in providing some guidance along the way. An extremely sharing person. I really wish I would have been able to meet him face to face. It hit me a bit harder than I thought it would just being an "online" acquaintance.

If you get a chance to meet someone whom you know from the forum, I suggest taking the time to do it. I know I have met a couple and am thankful.

Maybe take a few minutes and look through some of the posts of a great man in the area of sharing welding information.
[url=]
https://app.aws.org/forum/forum_search.pl?words=&user=aevald&board=0&field=body&min=&max=&order=desc%5b/url%5d

I am thankful to Our Lord for all of the blessings I have. One of them being the what I get from the people never seen
EDIT: From Allans Wife

"Any comments that people would want to share can be sent to me by email or on the Caringbridge.org website and I will share it with our children"

The caringbridge website is https://www.caringbridge.org/public/allanevald

Gerald
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 07-27-2016 15:35
Oh man, we are losing good people left and right. Thank you for sharing this with us Gerald. Alan will truly be missed.
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 07-27-2016 15:39
Gerald, I would make this a sticky so it would stay at the top for others to see, but for some reason they didn't give me any moderator powers in this part of the forum.
Parent - - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 07-27-2016 15:49
Posted it on the General Weldinng section
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 07-27-2016 16:12
Thanks
- By 803056 (*****) Date 07-27-2016 16:43
Sorry to hear of our friend passing on. He added a lot to our community.

Al
- - By welderbrent (*****) Date 07-27-2016 21:45
Ouch, Allan lived across the river from my parents, they in OR, he in WA.  Our paths came close but not quite crossed many times.  We had some great private discussions besides being appreciative of his perspective here on the forum.  He, John, and Al were the main reasons I got started on here while reading their contributions. 

I thought he was just busy with his summer break activities as he always tried to find ways to help others and family during the summer and work on various welding skills in the process.

I agree with Gerald, when you get the opportunity, take it.  I have met a couple here and it was very worthwhile.  Allan and I kept missing each other.  Now, I won't have that opportunity until we meet in glory. 

Once again I find myself praying for family and friends and that they will be able to discover the joy of knowing their departed loved one has Graduated to Glory. 

RIP Brother.

He Is In Control, Have a Great Day, Allan Is, Brent
Parent - - By Milton Gravitt (***) Date 07-27-2016 22:04
Allen was a very smart man and didn't mine sharing his knowledge with everyone but I just notice that is no longer on the forum or maybe I just can't find it anymore. Rest In Piece Allen you will be missed on this forum.

M.G.
Parent - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 07-28-2016 02:55
The link above will show you all of the posts made under his username.
Up Topic AWS.org / Forum News & Help / Getting to know each other, another member passed