Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / A forum Member gone-Aevald
- - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 07-27-2016 15:49 Edited 07-27-2016 17:16
I have been wondering about Allan Evald as he was one of a few active member on a LinkedIn instructors group yet I hadn't seen any posts or responses too messages I sent.

I am terribly saddened to report that it looks like he has passed away. I questioned the other instructor by email and received confirmation

"Allan did pass on July 14 @ 12:45pm.
There will be a Celebration of Life on Aug. 6 @1pm here at LCC.
He was a super guy, good friend and wonderful working partner.
He will be missed everywhere."

In my journey to become a better teacher, he was instrumental in providing some guidance along the way. An extremely sharing person. I really wish I would have been able to meet him face to face. It hit me a bit harder than I thought it would just being an "online" acquaintance.

If you get a chance to meet someone whom you know from the forum, I suggest taking the time to do it. I know I have met a couple and am thankful.

Maybe take a few minutes and look through some of the posts of a great man in the area of sharing welding information.
[url=]
https://app.aws.org/forum/forum_search.pl?words=&user=aevald&board=0&field=body&min=&max=&order=desc%5b/url%5d

I am thankful to Our Lord for all of the blessings I have. One of them being the what I get from the people never seen.

Gerald

EDIT: From Allans Wife

"Any comments that people would want to share can be sent to me by email or on the Caringbridge.org website and I will share it with our children"

The caringbridge website is https://www.caringbridge.org/public/allanevald
Parent - By Lawrence (*****) Date 07-27-2016 16:10
This is a really sad surprise.

Allan was such a good friend and a key contributor here.
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 07-27-2016 23:36
Already made a reply on the other thread but thought I would take a moment and reflect on the contributions Allan made in the Safety Dept and one of our old departments with Tips and Tricks. 

What a wealth of knowledge and the ability to make it practical and applicable. 

Again, RIP Allan.

Brent
Parent - By kcd616 (***) Date 07-28-2016 04:57
Allan was a very good man
and he showed what sharing and caring to help people and this forum
can do
RIP Allan
sincerely,
Kent
Parent - By Northweldor (***) Date 07-30-2016 19:25
Allan always personified what was best in this forum. He always answered every question with a depth of knowledge and experience that is very rare. His responses were always helpful, even-tempered, and on point, and he will be sorely missed.

RIP, Allan
Parent - - By ctacker (****) Date 08-08-2016 23:45
Kind of late in seeing this, but Allen will be missed, I did get to have lunch with him and a tour of his classroom about a year ago, He was proud of that. RIP buddy!
Carl
Parent - - By SCOTTN (***) Date 09-02-2016 17:40
http://tdn.com/announcements/obituaries/allan-r-evald/article_2ba9290b-8409-569e-b12a-b63761f5ffdb.html

Allan Rostgaard Evald, 56, of Castle Rock passed away July 14, 2016, at the Hospice Care Center surrounded by his family.

He was born in Walla Walla, Wash., Feb. 29, 1960, to Christian and Erna Evald. Allan was raised in Walla Walla and graduated in 1978. He then went on to Walla Walla Community College and graduated with a degree in welding technology.

Allan moved to Portland, where he met and married his wife, Sheri Evald. Later they moved to Washington, making the Cowlitz County area home since 1990. Together they raised four children.

Allan had a love for welding from the beginning. He worked in the industry with many accomplishments before finding his true love of teaching and worked for Lower Columbia College since September 1991 in the welding program as an instructor.

Allan’s passion was spending time with his family. He loved the beauty of the Northwest. He enjoyed browsing through pawn shops, and traveling. Hawaii was one of his favorite places.

Allan is survived by his wife of nearly 31 years, Sheri (McCarty) Evald of Castle Rock; three sons, Joshua Evald, Jared Evald and Jordan Evald, all of Kelso; a daughter, Amber Lemiere (Eric) of Longview; three grandchildren, Jaxyn, Jade and Jude; his parents, Chris and Erna Evald of Longview; and a sister, Inga Johnson of Walla Walla.

Allan was preceded in death by his father-in-law, Bob J. McCarty; and his beloved canine friends.

A celebration of Allan’s life is planned for 1 p.m. Aug. 6 at Lower Columbia College Rose Center for the Arts in Longview.
Parent - By 46.00 (****) Date 09-02-2016 20:02
Another great person gone, we will meet one day meanwhile keep Hank company!
Parent - By VR46 Date 04-05-2018 13:07
MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PEACE.
Parent - By ricks1 Date 10-25-2018 14:32
RIP Allan Evald
Parent - By ricks01 Date 10-26-2018 08:31
RIP Allan
Parent - By garypoulton Date 11-01-2018 14:56
RIP Allan
- By weldwade (***) Date 09-03-2016 04:57
RIP Allan... Thank you for all the help you gave me! Thank you for sharing your knowledge with all of us. You will be missed.
- - By bobbysingh Date 10-21-2018 21:45
[deleted]
Parent - - By pamsingh Date 10-31-2018 09:02
[deleted]
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 11-14-2018 16:36
How did I miss this? Sorry to hear of his passing. He was a valued contributer to the forum. He will be missed. May there be a place in heaven waiting for his arrival.

Al
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 11-14-2018 21:51
I was searching yesterday here in the forum and ran across several of his postings...yup he has been missed for sure
- By FixaLinc (****) Date 01-03-2019 01:03
RIP Allan.  Always liked hearing from him in birthday messages and emails he took time to ask about your well being too.  His knowledge will be missed here.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / A forum Member gone-Aevald