Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Qualification range on Certificate- MISSING!
- - By Weldhawk Date 03-29-2018 16:07
I am looking through welder qualification certificates from a former employee. I am unsure about the documentation and what I need to do about them.

In the testing range (Record Actual Values Used in Qualification), there is only the thickness of material filled in under the BASE MATERIAL, nothing else.  Filler metal and shielding gas is listed but no F-number in the as tested range.

The Qualification Range lists Position, "With" for backing strip. Material Spec :Base metal of Matching Strength, thickness range for groove, fillet and pipe thickness, and nothing else.

Is this acceptable practice? Are these qualifications valid?

I also found a similar qualification certificate, by another CWI, without his signature, only his stamp.

What do I do with these? Should I report the individuals to the contractor about the validity of these documents?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Parent - - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 03-29-2018 17:47
How about a PIC and a code for reference?
Parent - - By Weldhawk Date 03-29-2018 18:01
D1.1 is the code. Will see if I can get a picture up asap.
Parent - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 03-29-2018 18:14
There is a sample in the back of the 2016 code that may help you. For sure, each variable that applies to the process needs to be recorded.

Gerald
- By 803056 (*****) Date 03-29-2018 21:23
If they can't complete the paperwork correctly, why would one assume the test was administered correctly? You didn't mention whether or not the test record listed a WPS.

I won a court case for my client based on the welder qualification test records being incomplete and listing incorrect information. It was a small case; only a few million dollars of damages.

Just saying.

Al
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Qualification range on Certificate- MISSING!