Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / LA CITY WELDING TEST NEED HELP PLEASE
- - By FuskaTheWelder Date 09-06-2019 04:11
Hi, I’m 18 years old I passed my D1.1 structure stick test in December at 17, 3 months shy of turning 18. I had school for the rest of the year and wasn’t able to study for my la city test until about August because of graduating school and work. My cert is up in December and I have already sent out my appointment letter to LADBS. I’m going to be taking my la city test very soon and I don’t have very much info. I have the book, some closed book and open book practice test. But I have no way of seeing if they are right nor do I have a way to find out any more questions. This has been very discouraging and kinda made me put off studying when my test is very soon. I have been practicing finding info in the book and memorizing the different section. My book is labeled already with all the clauses, tables, and figures. Any help will be appreciated; what was a common type of question you saw or the different types, closed book portion, symbols and knowledge, any info or guide that will help me have a better chance at passing the test. Please help
Parent - By 803056 (*****) Date 09-08-2019 18:26
I've never taken the L.A. Welder Qualification Test, so I'm kind of speaking out of my butt if you know what I mean.

From you post, it sounds like you might be studying D1.1. If that is the case, my recommendation would be to purchase or borrow a copy of the AWS publication D1.1 study guide and workbook. I'm assuming you already have a copy of D1.1 from your post. Unfortunately, I don't believe the Welding Inspection Technology text and workbook do justice to he subject of welding symbols. That's why I developed my own material when I taught the CWI, but I can say the AWS WIT text is better than a sharp stick in the eye, so I'll recommend it to you. It will provide you with an excellent basis of preparation for any test relating to welding technology.

Good luck!

Al
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / LA CITY WELDING TEST NEED HELP PLEASE