Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / What is the difference from a Lincoln shorthood and longhood
- - By chris2698 (****) Date 12-11-2006 08:41
Just as it says? I have seen both shorhood and longhoods for sale and was wondering what is the difference between the two other then one is shorter then the other? Does the shorthood hold less gas?
I have heard more people want a redface welder I think it is called what is that? I am very interested in buying a old Lincoln sa 200 to restore and have been looking for months hoping to find one close to me for a good deal but am not sure the difference in all these. If someone can help me a history lesson here that would be great LOL Thanks

Chris
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 01-18-2007 22:04
long hoods and shotrhoods are close to the same lenth engine and gerator together they are close the long hood has a full hood that covers all but the exciter armiture, the shorthods hood and main frame are shorter they stop about 1/2 way of the main armiture housing some have a flat or square nose and some have what is called a bullet nose most of your short hoods will have the f-162 motor in them where your long hoods after i think it was 1965 will have the f-163 motor in them short hood machines burn hotter than your long hoods and then theres the redface best damned machine on the face of the earth very hard to find a good running 1 in good condition for sale at a cheap price the last forever burn hot and are highly preferred by pipliners. You said you were looking for a machine to restore i have the perfect project for you it is a red face machine missing the carb, ideler, and caps off the mag i'm asking 750.00 for the machine i'm 35 miles south of san antonio tx i have pics to email if ya like let me know teamroperone@aol.com it looks bad but it is very restoreable
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / What is the difference from a Lincoln shorthood and longhood