Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / CWI and CWE-difference???
- - By bellardr Date 12-29-2006 02:07
I know the difference is Inspector and Educator, but I have a friend that is being required to take the CWI/CWE combo certification exam.  I am trying to help him and was wondering if the CWI/CWE exam is harder than the CWE or the CWI taken seperate? 

Thanks!
Randall
Parent - By 803056 (*****) Date 12-29-2006 03:30
I believe the only difference is the required test score.

Al
Parent - - By Mwccwi (***) Date 12-30-2006 18:51
The difference in the Exam portion is that CWE does not have to take the practical portion, But the major differnce is with CWE one must be a certified welder and demostrate documented training hours/ with CWI only -all that is needed is 5 years min, in related work and pass 3 portion of test.
no disrespect intended 803056 the test score difference would apply for CWI verus CAWI. All this information can be found at the certification section of the AWS home page.
Parent - By 803056 (*****) Date 12-31-2006 22:12
No offence taken. I interpreted his question as relating to the examination portion of the requirements. And you are correct about the test score requirement.

Never shoot from the hip, you might bloody your toes.

Happy New Year
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / CWI and CWE-difference???