Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Settings for .068 NR-232 Vertical with LN-25/Miller 305G (locked)
- - By joglazier (*) Date 01-01-2007 21:28
IM a little rusty I need info on what amperage and polarity, cv or cc also speed of travel ,manipulation ,arc angle for welding vertical and any other tips on NR_232 IS it similar to 068 mp-211 also length of arc. PLEASE HELP AN OLD GLAZIER!
Parent - By Lawrence (*****) Date 01-02-2007 01:25
Here ya go

http://content.lincolnelectric.com/pdfs/products/literature/c32400.pdf

Follow the link and you will find a data sheet that contains parameters for your self shielded FCAW wires. Just scroll down till you see Innershield NR-232

Remember  Straight polarity

And recommended stickout varies by diameters of the wire so check close.

The data sheets may give a range of amperages and voltages for a given diameter.  Best to start at the lower range (more think time) until you get a bit of practice than you can increase to get more productivity once you begin reading the puddle better.
Parent - - By Blaster (***) Date 01-02-2007 05:23
You will want to use CV.

NR 232 has a very heavy slag and really welds nothing like NR 211 which has an extremely light slag.  232 welds really well on groove welds, or anywhere alot of metal needs to be deposited.

Keep the puddle hot and the bead reasonably narrow, maybe 5/8" or so max - do not use a 7018 / E71T-11 type weave.

For arc length, I like to start with the voltage low enough for the slag to flood the arc and then add voltage slowly until it clears up.

Generally, I tend to drag except for vertical cover passes (when I push) and when overhead (when I tend to go straight in)... but there are always exceptions.
Parent - By joglazier (*) Date 01-02-2007 05:57
Thanks BLASTER,Your the bomb!
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Settings for .068 NR-232 Vertical with LN-25/Miller 305G (locked)