Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / What welder would be the best all around welder? (locked)
- - By ftgokie Date 01-02-2007 05:24
Im changing carrers. I have been welding somewhat off and on for the last 19 years. Im 38 yrs old and what im doing now just isnt cutting the mustard. I make the plastic Danimals bottles that people drink yogurt out of. I make 18/hr but am just not happy here. Anyways....Im going to Vo-Tech this month to welding school after work. I just bought a 2003 Ford F250 4x4 Diesel Super Crew. Im gonna buy a new welder in about a month. Im gonna do odd jobs around here for a while, but then try to get on welding pipe or something out on the road unless I can find a really good paying job around here. I dont mind getting out on the road and weldong, but what would be my best bet. I have been seeing alot of pipe welding jobs require tig root, and 7018 cap on some jobs. If i was to get a gas welder, what would be the best choice?  I realize this may be a silly question, but its best I ask now, and know, then not know at all and buy a welder that i cant use on down the line...Thanks guys
Parent - By chris2698 (****) Date 01-02-2007 05:42
Thats Awsome dude. You gotta do what makes you happy. I like hearing stories like this. I don't really know the best welder to buy but just wanted to say congrats on the switch.

Chris
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / What welder would be the best all around welder? (locked)