Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / Canada Inspection
- - By Ram_ (*) Date 01-08-2007 19:34
Hello,

Lately, I have been looking into the requirements to become a Certified Inspector under the Canadian Welding Bureau. I would like to know if there are any CWIs that work back and forth from US to Canada. I would like to hear from some Canadian Inspectors what is most predominant in growth as far as oil refineries, or structural building. Any information regarding the actual outlook for Canadian Inspectors would be greatly received. Thanks everyone.
Parent - - By hogan (****) Date 01-08-2007 19:47
it's been atleast 10 years, but i was performing some iris and ubis inspection (ultrasonics)in canada. there was no company in canada with the ability to perform this work. i found this odd because the canadain military is who perfected this type of inspection. anyway we were only allowed to work in canada for 18 to 24 months. in that time we were required to work with and train a canadain company. rereading your post it looks like this will be of no help to you.
Parent - - By Ram_ (*) Date 01-08-2007 20:00 Edited 01-12-2007 17:09
Hello,

Doesanyone know if in Canada there are different organizations that provide certification for inspectors? is it ASME and CWB the only ones that provide certification? are there more? How about the ICC special structural inspector's license?
Thanks for reading and posting.
Parent - By CWI555 (*****) Date 01-13-2007 07:40
I believe a PCN certification via UKAS will work in Canada.
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / Canada Inspection