Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Linde 250HF starting problem
- - By dej5320 Date 01-12-2007 16:21
I have read probably hundreds of posts on this subject between this forum and others, but I have a couple of questions about trouble shooting this problem. I cannot get my arc started in ac or dc (hf on "start" and "continuos without touching the workpiece with my tungsten. I have cleaned all connections on my leads, regapped (and cleaned) points to .010", disconnected stick lead, and uncoiled my torch lead trying to fix the problem. Once the arc starts the machine runs ok...not the most stable consistent "buzz" as compared to other machines, but the hf is working nonetheless. I have tried the entire range of amperage and frequency intensity with no change in arc performance. Does anyone have any other suggestions? I obtained a manual from ESAB, but the manual they sent isn't for my exact machine...the controls, and internal layout are a little different, but I'm sure most of the specs are the same. Probably just a slightly newer model. Any suggestions would certainly be appreciated.
Parent - By XPERTFAB (**) Date 01-17-2007 01:32
Give the nice people at ARC Products in San Diego, CA a call as they are in business of repairing machines no longer in productionincluding parts and repair for Linde machines.  I have the same machine for over 24 years now and it has been faultless excepting an argon gas solonoid.  One call to them got me back on track with many more years of use of this machine to come.  I found them as I am Powcon owner also and needed some parts for another used Powcon I bought from a friend.  Very Helpful and Very nice people fopr sure.  If only the Miller or Lincoln customer service was this good ........
Xpertfab 
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Linde 250HF starting problem