Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Beanie for my Baby
- - By Sourdough (****) Date 01-14-2007 23:10
Does anyone have a wife that sowes custom welding caps? I need one for my 3 week old boy, for our first family portrait. Help me out fellas. . .
Parent - By yorkiepap (***) Date 01-15-2007 00:38
Hey SD,
Go on E-Bay to the "welding" section, then click on "welders", then "misc. welding items". Or, type in the SEARCH window..."Welding caps/beanies". There's a lady on there that sells hundreds of beanies & welding caps. Might find one there........Denny
Parent - - By billvanderhoof (****) Date 01-15-2007 07:08
http://www.aws.org/cgi-bin/mwf/topic_show.pl?pid=47925;hl=caps%20sale#pid47925
This person posted here a while back.  No surprise if it's the same one Denny is pointing to.
Is your little guy letting you get any sleep at all? Best to all of you, it gets way easier after the first couple of months.
Bill
Parent - - By Sourdough (****) Date 01-15-2007 21:35
Mama's ragged, I only work all the time. Fortunately I'm practically deaf in one ear. I lay on my good ear and don't hear anything. We hired a stay in nanny, cause poor Julia has had complications from the cesarian. He's getting better every day. Thanks!
Parent - By samh (**) Date 01-17-2007 03:35
Yea kids are truly a gift from God but my three year old daughter makes me want to pull all my hair out sometimes! But i wouldnot trade her for the world.
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 01-20-2007 02:17
well now i know what i'm getting into just found out a month ago my wife is prego this is my firsl her 3rd and her 1st 2 are spoiled asss rotten should i jus move out til he/she is 16 or 18 ? lol
Parent - By Sourdough (****) Date 01-21-2007 20:55
Well, my Ma always said if anything is just in this world I'd have one just like me. I don't have an answer to your question. Ask me in a couple years.
Parent - - By billvanderhoof (****) Date 01-23-2007 11:21
You get your kids more or less by chance but the two I got were the ones I would have picked if there was picking to be done.  Treat them like you love them and you won't be far wrong.  You can guide them some but they resist when you try to hammer them into a mold that you consider ideal.  Be flexible and see the good in them.
Bill
Parent - - By Sourdough (****) Date 01-26-2007 00:41
Valium, is that what you're saying?
Parent - - By billvanderhoof (****) Date 01-27-2007 00:13
If you get a colicy baby the Valium may indeed be in order.  But generally new babys are reasonably simple, I believe you will save your sanity if you anticipate the babys needs and serve them.  For example you know that when the baby wakes he will want to be fed.  Sooner or later you will feed him.  If you choose later the lesson to the baby is, I have to cry to get fed so I might as well start soon and be loud.  If you choose sooner the lesson is, they're usually here right away so if you are a little late he's more likely to just play with his toes till you get there.  Later, if you were hoping for a football player, but as you see his personality develop, you see that you have a violinist learn to like music and help him as you can to be the best he can.  Trying to make him into a football player will only frustrate you both.

I'm sure you will do well.
Bill
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 01-27-2007 12:15
I agree Bill....I can see that my two are totally different people than my wife or I...individuals for sure. One of mine really liked a passifier and didn't want to let go of it, the other spit that thing out with she was only a few weeks old and never would take it again. Different strokes for different folks is true for kids too. Just have to help them develope the talents that start showing up and not force a football when violin lessons fit better....
Parent - - By Sourdough (****) Date 01-28-2007 01:24
Don't get me wrong, I'd never steer my kid a direction he doesn't want to go. I will love him no matter what he does or doesn't do. He and Mama and I are seperated by 80 miles because of complications from the cesarian, and I'm going nuts. Haven't been able to swing a day off for a lonnnnng time. He and Mrs. Sourdough are my whole entire world. Unfortunately to keep things going, I must work.

Do you guys remember me saying to a gentleman called "raymond", that once I get this contract rolling, I wont have time to bitch? He was calling me a whiner and to spend less time on the computer, and more time welding.

Well, I always have time to bitch. . .. . where else can I do it?
Parent - - By RANDER (***) Date 01-28-2007 05:12
I work 96 miles from my family every day (Thats Southern California traffic miles mind you, 1/12 In and 3 hr home), Got a 10 yr old and a 4 yr old and miss them every day.  I know how you feel brother.  Bitchin here is better than bitchin to the wife cause she dont want to hear it and most of us know where youre coming from.  Stay in there sourdough and  know you will.  Congrats on the new addition and remember its not the amount of time you spend but the QUALITY of the time you spend with them. 
Parent - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 01-29-2007 06:20
When it comes to babies, My MOM said to "feed them before they are hungry and put them to bed before they are tired" allong the lines of Bill's anticipating their needs.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Beanie for my Baby