Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Sections / Section 41: Puget Sound Olympic / Welcome
- - By Swede101 (*) Date 01-17-2007 13:52
Welcome to this forum dedicated to the activities and issues pertaining to the Puget Sound Section.
We encourage you to post information about subjects pertaining to welding and welding education in the Puget Sound Area. 

Questions are always welcome.

Jerry Hope
Parent - - By Chris Ables Date 04-17-2007 06:28
Howdy!  I'm a third-year apprentice in PSNS Shop 26, and a new member of the AWS.  Are you aware of any other PSNS employees who are AWS members?  Also, I'm looking for pointers towards an event calendar so I can learn more about our field and meet people involved in it.  Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance,

Chris Ables
Parent - By Swede101 (*) Date 04-20-2007 18:07
Chris,

Welcome to the AWS.  You did not indicate the general location of your Residence.
We have two AWS sections in the area.  PSNS is in the Olympic section.

The forum is monitored by the Puget Sound Section. 

I don't find your name on the Puget Sound Section Roster.  I assume you are part of the Olympic section.
Suggest you find the Section listings on the AWS.org home page and find the olympic section and contact the chairman.
By being active in your local section, you will meet other aws members and I know some of them work at PSNS. 
Also,  You might just ask around at work.

You are always welcome to attend a meeting of the Puget Sound Section.
please go to our web site and find the meeting link.

once again Welcome to AWS
Parent - - By jon20013 (*****) Date 04-20-2007 19:20
Jerry Hope, I haven't heard from you since the 1980's!!!  Good to see you're still around!  I just have to let you know, you were one of the people who helped inspire me in my welding career... you and the late Wally Urbick... lot's of folks didn't like Wally but he was one helluva guy.  Nice to see you posting!
Parent - By Swede101 (*) Date 04-22-2007 17:17
Jon,
Glad to see you found our new forum.
We are trying to get a dialog with our members and particularly our student members.

Looks like you are also very busy.
Parent - By Joseph P. Kane (****) Date 04-22-2007 17:46
Jerry,
This looks like it might be a way to boost attendance.  See you in July?
Parent - - By kennyboy Date 06-28-2007 02:28
I need to get CWI ASAP.

Been welding and inspecting for a few years but left the field for a few also.

Is there any local classes that I can take to bone up before the test?

Thanks Ken
Parent - By ross (***) Date 06-28-2007 12:56
AWS offers a CWI exam prep seminar in Seattle the week of Sept 30, and again in Seattle and Portland in early '08. Call 800-443-9353 ext 449.

Good luck with your plans!

Ross
AWS Marketing
Up Topic Sections / Section 41: Puget Sound Olympic / Welcome