Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / MACHINE BROKE DOWN NEED HELP ASAP
- - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 01-29-2007 01:37 Edited 02-01-2007 04:02
OK HERE GOES THE HIGH IDLE SWITCH WENT OUT ON MY MACHINE ON TUESDAY I PUT A NEW 1 IN. IT WENT OUT AGAIN ON FRIDAY SO THINKING IT WASNT BIG ENUFF AMPERAGE I PUT IN A BIGGER 1. THEN ALL HELL BROKE LOOSE IT FRIED EVERY WIRE FORM THE IDLER SOLENOID TO THE FRONT PANEL. I REPLAED EVERYWIRE BRANDE NEW AND THE POINTS COIL AND CONDENSOR EVEN A NEW AMP GAUGE NOW THERE IS NO FIRE COMMING FROM THE COIL DOES ANY1 KNOW WHAT MIGHT BE WRONG I HAVE BEEN DOWN FOR 3 DAYS NOW. I NEED SOME HELP AND QUICK PLEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I GOT IT FIXED THANKS FOR All the input on this the points were grounded out inside the distributor
Parent - - By cmays (***) Date 01-29-2007 04:40
Where are you located?
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 01-30-2007 03:07
texas
Parent - - By tompit9 (***) Date 01-30-2007 03:24
hey ^g, did you find a wire cross some where?
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 01-31-2007 03:36
no tom i didnt it i di find the resistor burnt in 2 places and pelaced it and still no fire from the coil so i gave up n put my 53 shorty on the truck n took the red face to my mechanic i replaced every wire in that machine 1 wire at a time i dont know what could be wrong to bad there aint insurance on it or i'd burn it lol
Parent - - By cmays (***) Date 01-30-2007 03:49
I meant what part of Texas. One of the best Lincoln Techs out there is here in Odessa if youre anywhere near here. Chris' welder repair. (432)-552-8150. He might be able to give you an idea over the phone of whats goin on or what you need to do. He can probably tell you where to take it near where you are at. Hes the best in the buisness around here. Being broke down is extremely costly. Ive found that its better to just bite the bullet and take it in if all other efforts have failed. Hope you have some luck!
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 01-31-2007 03:40
thanks cmays i've heard of him but i'm 35 miles south of san antonio. i finally gave up today n took it to the guy that built it for me he can mess with it i give up everything is new i have no idea what could be wrong. i heard chris will buy machines to fix up and resell is that true? i also hearde that machines were goin like hot cakes up there?
Parent - - By cmays (***) Date 01-31-2007 04:17
[deleted]
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 01-31-2007 04:31
whats the going rate for a short hood
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 02-01-2007 03:01
becareful with that 305d my old boss had 1 and it was in the shop more than on his truck and didnt even have 500 hrs on it whats the work situation like up there i heard Patterson was building rigs paying55 an hr and needing welders is that true? Things have slowe way down here i'm working now but dont know for how much longer any leads would be great help oh yeah i got the machine fixed the points were grounded out inside the distributor took my mech all of 5 mins to figure it out that dang insulator was kicked off to the side he said i did everything right but fix the insulator hell i didnt even know that thing was in there let me know on the work situation please.
Parent - - By cmays (***) Date 02-01-2007 03:47 Edited 02-01-2007 03:58
[deleted]
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 02-01-2007 03:59 Edited 02-01-2007 04:08
wow sounds like alot of wannabes up there things down here have went to pot and it dont look like they'll be picking up anytime soon i gotta do sumthin sounds like i could load my machines on my trailer and have an auction on a strret corner lol what kind of 200 are you looking for really i'm intrested in the work i have a machine in my truck and would load a spare on a trailer and take off for odessa are they asking for insurance and certs i heard they arent but want a 2nd opinion. whats that shell deall about and i agree a machine should be able to burn 3/16 rod all day long mine can do it with 1 eye closed. dont fret over the machine there'll be anoether 1 when the time is right jsut be glad your dad was there for you i lost mine when i was 16. dont really wanna hit the road with a kid on the way but bills have to be paid and i'm barely doing that where i am
Parent - - By cmays (***) Date 02-01-2007 04:07
[deleted]
Parent - - By cmays (***) Date 02-01-2007 04:11
[deleted]
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 02-01-2007 04:13
any idea on how i can find out more on the shell deal theres a 200 for sale here locally he's asking 2500 i was told its an 80's model machine he can keep it for that much if it aint old school i dont even wanna look at it
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 02-01-2007 04:11
6g tets i assume is there anyway you could give me some leads or contacts not asking you to stick your neck out for me just some people to contact i need to stay as close to the house as possible. whats the weather like up there ?
Parent - - By cmays (***) Date 02-01-2007 04:17
[deleted]
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 02-01-2007 12:39
i've never don e tig. havent even seen it done. as for the 12 on 12 test i've never taken a test like that but have had it explained to me on the forum. when i get a break i've got some 6 inch here at the house think i'm gonna try it and see how it goes. i dont even know where to begin or what kind of attachments i would nee on my machine to run tig guess i need to do some searching. heck not even sure i can do tig with my machine. thanks for all your help sorry if i'm being a pain in the neck just trying to see what options i have out there. you asked about my tig. is that what shell is looking for. i heard there were alot of compreeor stations going up in the ft worth area. from what i heard the pay wasnt all that great i heard 36 an hr in ft worth
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / MACHINE BROKE DOWN NEED HELP ASAP