Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Propane welding
- - By juliem Date 02-12-2001 18:52
Hi my name is julie and I an currently taking my first welding class.
I was wondering if any of you have seen or have any old news paper articles on welding with propane /and or articles of women in welding
thanks in advance
Juliem
Parent - By G.S.Crisi (****) Date 02-14-2001 14:53
Hello Julie, welcome to the AWS questions and answers website!
Regarding women in welding, here in Brazil women have been welding for many years now in workshops and construction sites. Welding foremen and plant superintendents say they're better welders than men.
Regarding the propane, years ago there was an explosion of propane usage for oxy-gas welding. The method, however, has been almost abandoned, at least in Brazil. Although cheaper, propane can not compete with dear old acetylene because its flame temperature is lower.
I wish you all the success in the world as a welder.
Giovanni S. Crisi
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Parent - By DGXL (***) Date 02-28-2001 17:01
Greetings Julie,
I know several female welders, one of them just became an inspector. I think she is doing well, she was a pretty good welder. My experience has been that women usally have more dexterity & patience compared to that of us guys. This was true when I was teaching as well, particularly with GTAW.

Women have been in this trade for years, your research should not take long, and the research itself is a very good project for a novice welder, regardless of gender. Enjoy.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Propane welding