Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / LNG Storage Tank Inspection
- - By Tony Marek Date 02-01-2007 16:29
I am the QA/QC Manager of the construction of a LNG (Liquefied Natural Gas) Receipt Terminal In Louisiana. I am wondering if there are any others in this forum that have performed inspection of the 9% Nickel inner tanks? If so, I would like to share some information to you and maybe gain some knowledge from you.

We will be using "LNG Scan" automated UT in lieu of RT on the 9% Ni. We are welding with AC using Yawata Weld B (M) (similar to Innco750 but modified). If anyone else has experience or is currently on a LNG project, please post!

Tony
Parent - - By George-kh (**) Date 02-01-2007 20:21
May we know what is your problem exactly?
Parent - By Tony Marek Date 02-01-2007 22:36
There is no problem. My post was asking if any others in the forum had any LNG tank experience especially the welding and AUT inspection of 9% Nickel (ASTM 553) alloy steel. The only big problem right now would be finding welders that already have 9% Ni. experience. I am simply looking to share information with anyone that is or has built LNG storage tanks.

Tony
Parent - By George-kh (**) Date 02-03-2007 21:41
Tony,

If I can have your email, I can mail you some papers.
Parent - - By chall (***) Date 02-02-2007 14:18
This is a pretty good article that one of the guys in our QA/QC Department sent to me:

http://www.cbi.com/about/articles/CBI_Hydrocarbon_Processing_July04.pdf

Charles
Parent - - By Tony Marek Date 02-02-2007 15:01
Thanks for the post Charles, that was good reading!

Tony
Parent - - By Inspectroleum (*) Date 02-03-2007 06:03
Hi Tony,

Looks like you have an interesting job your working on, I too liked that article.

What is the code of construction if you don't mind me asking? Just wondering.

Thanks,

John
Parent - By CWI555 (*****) Date 02-04-2007 06:10
the code will be API 620 for the tank
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / LNG Storage Tank Inspection