Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Pipe Fitters Handbook?
- - By Harvard (*) Date 02-06-2007 02:58
Hello,
I dont know if that is the offical name, but where can I purchase a pipefitters handbooK? From what I can remenber about the last one I seen, its like 3 inches tall and about 6 wide. If that helped. I heard that these little books are the handest things to have around, and well, I want to purcahse one.
Thanks,
Chris
Parent - By yorkiepap (***) Date 02-06-2007 03:35
Hey Harvard,
You can find the Pipefitters Handbook, 464 pages, on: www.amazon.com...they have it for $17.00 & some change. Just type the name in the search window at the top of the site page....Denny
Parent - By aevald (*****) Date 02-06-2007 06:54
Hello Chris, they ARE great books, plenty of information on a lot of things, not only pipefitting. Plenty of formulas, explanations of shop math as it applies to the layout of piping, and a host of other pertinent information. The really nice thing about these are that they are sized such that they will fit readily into your tool box. As yorkiepap stated you should be able to find them easily on Amazon, you can probably also find them at any technical bookstore if you have one near you, you might also be able to find them at your local welding supplier. Audel also makes some good books along this line and there are a host of others. If you are into the technical book thing you might also check out Goodwill, St. Vincent de Paul, and other places like this that have used books, you'd be amazed at some of the things that end up at these outlets. Have fun and good luck, Regards, aevald
Parent - - By TimGary (****) Date 02-06-2007 12:44
I use two separate books; "The Pipe Fabricators Blue Book" and "The Pipe Fitters Blue Book". They are authored by W.V. Graves. The Fabricators book is based on providing ordinates for laying out a wide range of make it yourself pipe fittings. The Fitters book is basically a How-To book on pipe fitting, everything from how to layout an angle bracket, to rolling offsets, to crane signals. I use the Fitters book often as the mathmatical tables in the back help me figure rise and run lengths not only for pipe but for structural steel as well.

Tim
Parent - - By MNSTRBLDR (**) Date 02-06-2007 13:02
The one you might be thinking of and the one I find very valuable is " THE PIPE FITTER'S AND PIPE WELDERS HANDBOOK" by Thomas W. Frankland. It is black and about that size. Some of the concepts are much easier to understand and has alot of useful formulas and such. Welding stores usually have them also.Henry
Parent - - By IRWelder (*) Date 02-06-2007 23:17
I agree with MNSTRBLDR, the book by Thomas W. Frankland is very good and the one I use most often.
Parent - By Harvard (*) Date 02-07-2007 00:27
Hey thanks guys. I am going to go get one now.
Thanks Alot,
Chris
Parent - By aametalmaster (*) Date 02-08-2007 01:29
I bought a 1955 version off of ebay for 5 bucks....Bob
Parent - By dadpa Date 03-13-2007 23:20
I realize this thread is a bit dated, and your query has been answered, but you might also consider "Robert Tinsley's Simplified Method - Pipe Fabrication, Layout, and Offsets" pocket-book.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Pipe Fitters Handbook?