Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Welding Equipment Classifieds / bottle carts
- - By monsoon12 (**) Date 02-07-2007 22:09
Found a site last night selling bottle carts for $20.00 us.With shipping it cost me $28.95.The site is Weldersplus.com.As of last night they had several closeout items really cheap.
monsoon12
Parent - - By raggs (*) Date 02-08-2007 15:46
Thanks monsoon i bought 1 last night!

later
Parent - - By Logan Mayfield (**) Date 02-14-2007 13:52
I bought a medium duty cutting outfit and a cart.  I now have everything I need except the bottles for only $92 after shipping and tax.  The torch outfit was only $60.  I priced it at Airgas and it was $280. 
Parent - - By monsoon12 (**) Date 02-14-2007 21:36
When it comes to getting tanks logan i found some on a site awhile back pretty cheap.The only thing that happen to me was when i went to get them filled i got a really bad deal.I mean i took them to someone well known in the area an they lost my brand new acety tank .Then gave me a hard time .I had to take a bottle they offered to replace the one they lost.It was the only way i was going to get one from them with out having to kick all there azzez an wind up in jail.Sure i could of took them to small claims court but it was like a $75 dollar bottle.I think part of the problem was that since i had my own i was only paying for the gas .I dont think they dug that to much.What im getting at is you may want to check first if someone will fill them for you without a problem or if its just cheaper to rent.
Parent - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 02-15-2007 05:34
Monsoon, the companies I have dealt with generally exchange cilinders, if You want the one You own back You have to wait FOREVER, as they don't fill them on site. When You turn in Your customer owned tank, You may get back one with their name on the collar. AND they have become a PITA about which tanks they will fill and which ones they won't. Allso, no trading for a different size. They don't want to sell any decent size cilinders as customer owned. By the way I am refering to Airgas, who aquired BOC's retail businiss, and is now the only game in My town. Do I sound happy or what? Still, I don't want to rent a bunch of tanks.
Parent - - By Logan Mayfield (**) Date 02-15-2007 13:15 Edited 02-15-2007 14:12
Where did you find that deal at?  I was quoted $250 each on tanks.  This is a small acetelyne and a 122CF oxygen.  Also, there are three different gas suppliers in town so I have found one that will fill customer owned cylinders on site.  For the tanks I listed above the oxygen was quoted at $16 to fill and the acetylene would be between $25-39 depending on the temperature and the amount it would hold that day.  To lease any size is $50 each cylinder per year or $165 each for a 5 year contract which would save about $150.  
Parent - By monsoon12 (**) Date 02-16-2007 21:47
sorry logan i tried to look for the paper work on where i got the tanks from but cant seem to find it,sorry.I usally just type in my address bar for what ever im looking for an search the sites that come up.You could try that because honestly $250 each on tanks is alot.Theres other deals out there.Good luck an if i ever come across the paper work ill get back to you.
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Welding Equipment Classifieds / bottle carts