Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Sa-200 info needed
- - By Robert C (*) Date 02-22-2007 00:01
I have a chance to buy a 1964 sa200 Red Face machine that runs and welds good. It only needs cosmetic work mainly paint. I don't know too much about these machines except they weld extremley good. An older guy has it that bought it new for his farm. He is asking $450 for it. Should I yank his arm off. Any info would be appreciated ASAP.         

Thanks for your time,
                                                                                                                                                                                    Robert
Parent - By clack6010 (*) Date 02-22-2007 03:13
i paid 2500 for mine , exact same kinda deal
Parent - By 2003440 (**) Date 02-22-2007 04:12
If you do not buy that redface you need to get a full examination of your brain!But being serious i would buy it in a flash if it is a one owner i bet it is in great shape if you do not want it let me know there is a rig it will go on!the only thing you will need to do is update the idler syst on it,also update the air filter syst.i have the mag still on mine i just have not had time to update it but there is plenty of experts here in aws that will send you in the right direction just my .02.
Parent - By aevald (*****) Date 02-22-2007 04:52
Hello Robert C, I think you've got the tone of these responses. That really is a fantastic deal on a real classic welding legend of a machine. As you said, this machine welds extremely good, they are known for that, you won't go wrong here. The fact that this machine runs and welds at all and at the same time only appears to need some attention to the paint has everyone else on the forum drooling over your find. Go for it and enjoy. Regards, aevald
Parent - - By webbcity (***) Date 02-22-2007 16:55
robert , you should purchase it if you can , you will not be sorry . take care of it , they last along time . we still have some our family bought new , they are still my favorites . keep us posted on how you do . good luck . willie
Parent - - By Robert C (*) Date 02-23-2007 02:26
Thanks for the input. I got it today. Anyone know where to find some doors?
Parent - - By aevald (*****) Date 02-23-2007 03:19
Hello Robert C, if you check out the "for sale" part of the forum, there are a number of fellas that frequent that section that could probably come up with those parts for you. So check it out. Regards, aevald
Parent - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 02-23-2007 04:40
I have heard elswhere and here about these "redface" machines. How do they differ from the "blackface" machines?
Parent - By 2003440 (**) Date 02-23-2007 05:18
Hey i am glad to know you got your hands on one of the best welders out there in my humble opinion.my 65 will stack like a dream and i can run it all day every day,i guess i just love these old machines.well good luck.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Sa-200 info needed