Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Lincoln SA-250??
- - By Harvard (*) Date 02-28-2007 00:51
Well, the coal company I work for right now, has a blown up Sa-250 gas. And, I have welded with it when the motor blew. How much do you all think I should offer for it? It includes the side panels. Pretty good shape other then the motor. And, no, I dont live around any pipelines or anything like that. The only thing around is coal mines. The reason that I said that is I realize that location does make a difference. Oh, this is a gas machine
Thanks,
Chris
Parent - - By TozziWelding (**) Date 02-28-2007 01:54
Tell them you will give them $500, the armature and sheet metal is worth that alone.
Parent - - By Harvard (*) Date 02-28-2007 23:38
Well I got it today. You all will not believe this but. I went into the office and asked the president about it. He said make me an offer, a low offer, I offered 100 bucks. He said lower, so I offered 75, nope lower. How about fifty?? He said sold. I was happy, so I then went to go get the money out of the service truck and I hand it to him, he takes it, spins all the way around and hands it back. He looks at me and says you can have it!! I thought he was kidding but, I got it.
Chris
Parent - - By webbcity (***) Date 03-01-2007 00:22
chris , good luck with that welder , you should ask if there are any manuals and maint. records that were for it . many companies have them and they are of no value if they don't have the machine any more , and they just pitch them out . if you can get any while available it may save you finding them later some times you can use maint. records to find the cause of problems that occured . if you repair it your self you will need to know how to dis-assemble . there are a few things that may damage armature if not done correctly and are simple to do . keep us posted on how you are doing . good luck . willie
Parent - - By Robert C (*) Date 03-02-2007 00:52
I actualy logged on to post a question of this nature. I have a 69 red face and would like to freshen up the motor. Does anyone know of a manual showing how to properly seperate the engine from the welder. Or maybe just explain it.
Parent - By Root Pass (***) Date 03-06-2007 02:52
http://www.weldmart.com/ These guys are real smart with the sa 200 give them a call
Parent - - By makeithot (***) Date 03-06-2007 22:40
Good on ya. Changing out the motor should not be much of a problem just a matter of time. What would be even better if you could find a motor for the same price. good luck.
Parent - By TozziWelding (**) Date 03-08-2007 23:56
Free is always good, I just picked one up this morning for 300 bucks. They told me the motor is "stuck" from sitting. A little MMO and some time should free her up, then it will be good as new.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Lincoln SA-250??