Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / die penetrant testing
- - By EVWELDER (**) Date 03-07-2007 18:53
I would like to get certified to do die penetrant testing how would I go about doing that.
Parent - - By hogan (****) Date 03-07-2007 19:17
ASNT-TC-1A covers all of the requirements for getting certified. maybe if you could give some more info, like is there a code you need to work to, will this be trough your employer, why you need to be certified
Parent - - By EVWELDER (**) Date 03-08-2007 15:32
The company I work for would like to have somebody in house to do penetrant testing instead of hiring an outside source.Some of our customers require for our product to be die penetrant tested we usally go under the D1.2 code.
Parent - - By hogan (****) Date 03-08-2007 15:41
your best bet will probably be to find a local ndt company who will train and certify you. if you give your location somebody on the forum might be able to recomend one for you
Parent - - By EVWELDER (**) Date 03-08-2007 21:37
I'm here in west Texas Midland Tx.
Parent - By hogan (****) Date 03-08-2007 22:09
i think that hellier has a office in texas. i not sure what part
Parent - By dbigkahunna (****) Date 03-09-2007 14:32
What code are you using?
Parent - By Joseph P. Kane (****) Date 03-07-2007 21:23
Within a year, the AWS will have a PT - Endorsement for penetrant testing.
Parent - - By fbrieden (***) Date 03-12-2007 00:42
Professionals.... it's DYE penetrant testing.
Parent - - By NDTIII (***) Date 03-12-2007 04:13
I'm not trying to be a smart ass or anything, but it's actually called Liquid Penetrant Testing.
Parent - - By Bill M (***) Date 03-12-2007 15:21
Mr. Kane, are you saying that the AWS will soon certify personnel in Liquid Penetrant? 
What about certification in the other non-destructive testing disciplines?
Parent - - By Joseph P. Kane (****) Date 03-13-2007 00:23
Bill M.

There is also a CWI+ Endorsement being prepared for Yoke type Magnetic Particle Testing.  It will be more than a year away.

The CWI+ Penetrant Testing certification Document is completing it's trip through the Committee process.  It is a central certification program.  Initially it will be approved for the "Entergy" Nuclear Plants, through an NRC Relief Request.  After the relief request is approved, all the other Nuclear Power Plants will be able to opt to use it.   It will be a drawn out process for general acceptance in lieu of qualification to SNT-TC-1A, but it will be a central certification program with everyone taking the same examination, just like the CWI Exam.

It is the brain child of Mr. Neal Chapman, the Chief Welding Engineer for Entergy.

Joe Kane
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 03-13-2007 11:03
Joe,
I haven't heard from Neal in a while, if you talk with him....tell him John Wright was asking about him. He used to participate frequently here in the forum, and contributed to the wealth of info found here. I miss his input.
Parent - By geralderik (*) Date 03-27-2007 15:59
eN EL asme SECCION V encuentras muy buen informacion
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / die penetrant testing