Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / BOM, MTO, BOQ
- - By sabir (*) Date 03-11-2007 07:58
Hi gentlemen,

Thanx a lot for your valuable suggestions...it helped me a lot.....

I would like to know something about
Bill of Materials (BOM)/Material To be collected (MTO)/Bill of Quantities (BOQ).
I guess this BOM, MTO, BOQ all are same...

Now, how to start with this ..... I mean some use full tips to make a BOM, MTO, BOQ...like what are the things to be considered, what all are mandatory... etc etc

Regards

Sabir
Parent - - By CWI555 (*****) Date 03-11-2007 17:22
The things that you ask are part business, part codes, and part specifications. I've looked back to some of your earlier questions and get the impression your either consulting a group or trying to form one. It would be helpful to know which is which.
Parent - - By sabir (*) Date 03-12-2007 06:07
I'm neither consulting a group nor trying to form one. I'm a Mechanical Engineer, fairly fresh into piping. All my line managers around me have busy schedules which make them away from giving me training or any kind of consulting. My colleague is also fresh in this field, that's why we though of getting into an online forum like this where we can get more support and quite quicker. I came to know that this is one amount the best forum, that's why I'm here with this question. Your active support is really appreciated. Thank you.
Parent - - By js55 (*****) Date 03-12-2007 14:50
I'm not familiar with the term BOQ, however, in mpast usage a BOM is a description of material as delivered. A MTO is the amount of material estimated for a particular contract.
Parent - By nosetackle (**) Date 03-13-2007 13:31
as far as i know BOQ is the total amount of material (i.e work to be done)  in contract
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / BOM, MTO, BOQ