Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / dialarc hf
- - By dbeadle Date 03-18-2007 18:15
I just set up my dialarc hf for tig .  when i let my foot off the pedal it continuses to weld , as the amperage controll through the pedal works fine it wont stop welding when i lift off hte pedal ..ie; the gun is always hot no matter what position the pedal is , i tried my buddies pedal, off the same machine with the same results??  im stumped

Thx Darren
Parent - - By MBSims (****) Date 03-19-2007 01:12
Is the contactor control switch set to remote?
Parent - - By dbeadle Date 03-19-2007 02:02
yes it is

im stumped this machine hasnt been used very much .  it was a personal machine never for production welding
Parent - - By MBSims (****) Date 03-19-2007 02:09
The contactor control toggle switch may be bad.  You would need to check the poles with an ohmeter or continuity tester to see if it is working on each setting.
Parent - - By dbeadle Date 03-19-2007 02:11
Ill do this tomorrow
thx darren
Parent - By MBSims (****) Date 03-19-2007 02:20
If it needs replacement, the switch is a 15A, 125V, single pole double throw (SPDT) toggle switch.

http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o315u_mil.pdf
Parent - - By billvanderhoof (****) Date 03-19-2007 05:33
Sometimes the contactor contacts weld themselves together and the contactor won't release so check there too.
Bill
Parent - - By dbeadle Date 03-19-2007 11:07
Thx Bill Im not sure what contactor your talking about though
Parent - - By billvanderhoof (****) Date 03-19-2007 23:45
http://www.millerwelds.com/service/ownersmanuals.php
Owners manual is here, it has the electrical diagrams for the machine, you need your serial number to insure the exact correct one.
It appears that there are two switches that need to be set to remote.  One is the contactor control, the other is the amperage control.  The contactor itself seems to be mounted in the lower, front, left part of the machine as you face the front panel.
Bill
Parent - By dbeadle Date 03-20-2007 01:54
Hey guys Thanks for all your help this web site is great, im sure there is moch more knowledge to learn here.  I found the problem with the help of this site it was the remote switch i changed it and all is well..

Im the happiest tigger in vegas now

Thanks again

Darren
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / dialarc hf