Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Code Part of Exam
- - By welderwv (*) Date 03-18-2007 22:18
I am taking the CWI exam on May 5th in Baltimore MD. 

I heard the number of questions was raised from 46 to 70 something.  Is that correct?

Has anyone taken the exam recently that could verify this increase?

I decided to use the D1.1 because I am a lot more familiar with it.  After reading the posts on this board that seems to be the best choice.  A friend who is a SCWI and teaches the prep course recommended strongly the api1104 because of its size in relation to the D1.1.  I have not used the api1104 very much and feel pretty comfortable with the D1.1.   Especially since I have read that the D1.1 exam doesn't include the commentary or annexes.

THANKS!
Parent - By new tito (***) Date 03-19-2007 15:59
I beleive the D1.1 is still 46.  The API 1104 was the one that was raised to 60 questions.  I'm taking the seminar this week and testing on Sunday.
Parent - - By thcqci (***) Date 03-19-2007 16:07
It would be my opinion that you go with D1.1 since you are familiar with it.
Parent - - By welderwv (*) Date 03-19-2007 21:58
OK thanks a lot guys!  I figured they would raise the number of question on all the code exams!

One more quick question if you know.  How long does it take to get the results of whether you passed or not?
Parent - By new tito (***) Date 03-20-2007 03:39
dont quote me, and right now i do not have time to look it up, but i believe it's 6 weeks.  search around the AWS website or call them to find out.
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Code Part of Exam