Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / just got outta the bush
- - By downhandonly (***) Date 03-28-2007 04:27
glad to be home with the family, the kids still know who i am! been gone three months. got my helper to snap this picture on my cell phone. it's the only one i have of the entire job.  I was on poor boy for the 30 inch so i didnt have to deal with the autos. we did a bunch of 16 24 and 30 inch pipeline in ft. mcmurray alberta. the machine on the back of my truck is a red-d-arc 300. I blew a rear crank seal in my 81 sa 200 and had to rent it to get me by. hope i still remember how to post pics! have a good one
downhand

[IMG]http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p185/downhandonly/cid_0213071016.jpg[/IMG]
Parent - - By ZCat (***) Date 03-28-2007 05:21
brrrr.....looks chilly. Make any money up there?
Parent - - By Sourdough (****) Date 03-28-2007 19:47
looks like home
Parent - By webbcity (***) Date 03-28-2007 20:38
sourdough , speaking of home george is back up from portland , we inspected 75 welds at skills usa alaska welding contest yesterday . saw bruce he said don is selling tia next month . i'm going to look at what he has before he sells if you need anything let me know and i can check for you . it's 46 degrees here right now and sunny got down to +3 last nite . still sub zero on n. slope be careful out there . stay in contact . good luck . willie
Parent - - By webbcity (***) Date 03-28-2007 20:24
downhandonly , nice picture too bad you didn't get more , but the memories last forever . keep us posted on how you do . good luck . willie
Parent - - By pipeliner01 (**) Date 03-28-2007 20:44
didn't know you were on here, this is mike w. from down south, nice pic. see ya round.  My name on here is pipeliner01

Rock On- Mike
Parent - By downhandonly (***) Date 03-29-2007 01:29
lol small world have fun on vacation
Parent - - By Sourdough (****) Date 03-28-2007 21:01
Hey Willie! We just got 10 inches here, was 70 degrees yesterday! My wife and kid are up there right now visiting. I couldn't get out of work, you know the deal.

Hey, the only thing I want is my original goofy picture from when I was 16 and certified! I got it last year throught the fax from Pam for my portfolio, but it aint the same! Why are they selling out, tired?
Parent - By webbcity (***) Date 04-27-2007 15:56
hey sourdough , just got back from anch. yesterday was able to get by tia . talked to pam looks like most everything is gone . she did have some of my safety movies i left there from when i worked for caterpillar + one of my cat history books that i got in 1956 and still had a picture of me welding a pipe in riverside ca. she thought it was richard one of the other instructors . just like on the north slope everyone looks the same wearing a parka i guess everyone looks the same with a hood on still had my caterpillar umbrella was about 100 + degrees . so not much luck with your picture . their auction is may 5 i hope to go just to see old friends . good luck . willie  
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / just got outta the bush