Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / GTAW welding with pulse function
- - By Boon (**) Date 03-30-2007 13:18
Hello,

Our welders use GTAW process on stainless steel sheets, range from 1/16" to 1/8" thick.
Heard about GTAW with pulse functions but not fully aware of the pros and cons.
What would be the criteria in selecting with and without pulse function. Could it be material thickness, type, welder's training or others.
Hope to introduce welding with pulse function if it can produce a better weld.    

Thanks
Boon
Parent - - By js55 (*****) Date 03-30-2007 13:47
My overall opinion would be that if you have a problem to solve then perhaps the characterisitcs of pulse can help you. Such as distortion that may be improved due to a lower equilibrium heat input from pulsing if your welds are of any length. But pulsing, in my opinion will not necessarily give you a better weld, recognizing of course that I'm not really sure what you mean by that.
Energy changes will vary dual phase component %, but if this hasn't proven an issue for you I wouldn't suggest the added expense of pulsing, not to mention an often reduced productivity.
I guess the main point for me is, research pulse characterisitcs and use the technology to solve a problem. Don't let your local vendor sell you something that you don't need.
So I would ask, what problems do you believe you're having that a pulsing might improve?
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 03-30-2007 16:33 Edited 03-30-2007 16:37
Couldn't have said it better.

Very few applications for pulse GTAW.

Tell us about the problems/issues you are having and maybe somebody will see pulse as a solution.

Pulse is nice for autogenous lap welds, brewmaster pipe welds, and lay-wire fillets, where people are actually counting ripples for cosmetic purposes.

I have heard High frequency pulsation (several hundred Hz) has a stirring effect on the puddle. (why do we need a stirring effect?)

Any reduction of heat input advertized by manual GTAW-P sales folk is instantly negated as soon as the manual operator slows his travel speed or pauses.

Pulse GTAW has other uses with Semi-auto GTAW building knife edge seals etc. But here the wire feed is automated and synchronized with the current pulse. Outstanding performance but limited application scope.

I have also heard claims of increased control with vert up with high frequency pulse on stainless... Never seen any benefit myself.

Interested in hearing from others who have had some success with GTAW-P
Parent - - By js55 (*****) Date 03-30-2007 16:58
I'm LMAO with Lawrence. "Why do we need a stirring effect?"  Thats funny.
Parent - - By OBEWAN (***) Date 03-30-2007 17:50
Stirring is helpful where epitaxial or columnar grains are forming.  A line with crud forms at the weld centerline which may cause hot cracks.  Pulsing is not going to help much though because a very high freq is required, and if the puddle oscillates too much it can actually hit the electrode.  Magnetic arc stirring is better than pulsing for stirring the weld puddle. Pulsing is good for tube welding and welding on thin wall sections to control heat input.  I have around 400 pulse tig tube weld procedures in the weld computers here at work.
Parent - By js55 (*****) Date 03-30-2007 18:18
I certainly don't intend to speak for Lawrence but I sense his meaning was, not that he isn't aware of an effect that stirring would have, but what practical advantage does it serve.
From my point of view, if the main benefit from stirring is mixing the junk being pushed at the leading edge of the solidification front then I suppose the question changes somewhat to: 1) does it actually do this or does preferrable homogeneously tending soldification still force S, Ph, etc. out ahead of itself (is there still tramp segregation)?
And assuming it does, as I do 2) Is this an advantage over simply reducing heat input in non pulsed GTAW which has proven successful in eliminating hot cracking, along with reduced tramp content?
I think you're on to something with magnetic stirring which eliminates the necessity for pulsing, and can maintain productivity, though with tubes in your application the difference is probably negligable.
But again, I would ask, does it solve a practical problem? And does the solution to this issue justify the added cost and complication?
Has hot cracking become an issue in particular alloys where reduced heat input is ineffective? Having argued this, it does seem to me I read something about an alloy where this does indeed help. I can't remember off hand though.
But the argument would then be, is it justified beyond these special alloys?
Parent - - By Boon (**) Date 03-30-2007 18:07
I am new in the forum and glad to receive some good comments.
When we use manual GTAW process on thin stainless long weld to form it into a can, the main problem is the uneven weld and some distortion. Also difficult to have even penetration. I think welder's experience could be a factor.
Machine vendors in the past had mentioned about reduced heat input with pulse function, which was why the question was posted.
Some of our machines are equiped with pulse but are not being used currently.
Is it correct that pulse reduces and not increases productivity?
There must be some applications whereby pulse is useful.
Wonder if anyone knows if automatic long seam welder is usually with or without pulse function.

Regards
Boon
Parent - By js55 (*****) Date 03-30-2007 18:30
I don't want to seem like a pulse weld naysayer. I believe that pulsing has some real advantages in specific applications.
But I also don't think its coincidence that the industry has gone into hard sell mode recently and that pulsing stuff is the most expensive. Pulsing may assist in your problem , but, as you mentioned, if you think welder experience is a prime issue is adding a complication the right way to go?
Now, if you already own machines with pulsing, I'd say it wouldn't hurt give a shot on some trial material. The expense issue is already moot.
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 03-31-2007 10:04 Edited 03-31-2007 10:26
Here's my two cents worth...

If you have an automated long seam welder like a "Jetline" seamer, magnetic stirring has been used for years already, and I have worked quite a few systems with the power source's pulse unit both on & off...
However this was "many moons" ago!!!

Back in those days, pulsing did'nt do much but that was primarily because in those days, one could not for the most part program and customize the output waveform without the addition to some rather expensive additional components as one can more often do so today with the relatively easy access to squarewave or powerwave inverter technology which was'nt in widespread use back years ago as it is today.

I would personally find little use for pulsing a weld seam if - let's say one is welding a square groove (Dependant on how good of a shear profile is on the edge of each member) butt joint of 316L, and complete penetration would be a requirement when using a Jetline seamer. Now bolting on a "Cyclomatic" Magnetic arc control will enable one to customize the weld deposit to one's desired specifications...
Check the specs on these puppies:
http://www.cyclomatic.com/magnetic.pdf
http://www.cyclomatic.com/Cyclomatic%20Series%20Seam%20Tracker.pdf
http://www.jetline.com/OPTICA1.PDF
http://www.cyclomatic.com/coldhot.pdf
http://www.jetline.com/

I've used these (magnetic arc controller, seam tracker & Digital Cold wire feeder system) components on seamers and automated linear/circumferential welding lathes & manipulator systems in the late eighties-early nineties coupled with hot or cold wire/ synchronized feeders to deposit welds of such high quality that they were comparable to the welds deposited by GTAW orbital welding equipment whereby customizing & pulsing the output waveform is used for controlling the heat input & pool geometry resulting in a deposit that is consistent in shape & penetration with the weld pool changing position as it travels around the tube/pipe

However one can deposit consistent, visually esthetic and relatively decent quality welds without the aid pulsing applied to the output waveform if the position of the torch relative to the seam or surface does'nt change... In other words, if the torch moves or is even fixed along the axis of the joint seam or a surface and yet does'nt deviate from it's desired electrode, travel or work angle past a specified tolerance, then acceptable weld profiles can be achieved but, constant monitoring of the torch position & constantly making adjustments to maintain torch placement enables repeatability to be compromised after just a few weld deposits because of the lack of seam tracking, digital feed control and magnetic arc control...

Alot of downtime will be required to initially get all the main settings optimal such as current, torch & electrode positions (electrode standoff & travel angle, electrode shape/configuration, travel speed, gas cup selection & adequate flow rate & coverage from above and/or below the joint (back purge), the proper wire feed rate, and the resulting sample weld deposit may vary somewhat if whether or not the hot wire or cold wire option is also applied to the delivery of the filler metal deposit for certain alloys...

In Ti or other reactive metals, an appropriate trailing shield design would also become a requirement and the gas coverage behind the puddle would also have to be properly adjusted for faster travel speeds & deposits.

With these added feature components bolted on a seamer or linear/circumferential welding lathe or manipulator system, one can deposit consistent, repeatable, very high quality weld profiles with far less downtime than one would encounter from frequent adjustements that would become necessary if none of the components were added to the systems... The increased inconsistency of the welded joints produced, and the increased probability for unacceptable weld quality in the finished joints will increase one's overall costs per run which is very important to consider especially when welding specialty alloys...

I believe with today's progammable output waveform technology, one can achieve similar success in weld quality as was initially achieved when magnetic arc control or variable polarity pulsed arc control was in vogue. The addition of the other components such as the seam tracker and the digital wire feeder system with either the cold or hot -wire options, into the system will definitely increase weld quality, consistency and repeatability... Hmmm, I wonder what would occurr if one would also incorporate a magnetic arc control with programmable output waveforming?

I wonder if Laser hybrid GMAW would work real nice on 1/8" or above if used on an automated welding lathe/manipulator these days for wind tower construction? I know SAW is the current process of choice for such large weldments... Heck I've seen seamers configured where first a plasma torch keholes the square groove butt joint for full penetration, then a trailing GTAW torch with wirefeed and magnetic arc oscillation produces a smooth bead on the top surface of the previously plasma arc welded sheet... really amazing looking and very high quality welds are produced with this type of "hybrid" system.

Shoot! I'm getting tired and have rambled enough already so, I'll read this over again tomorrow to see how bad I arranged the contents and see if anything I wrote here makes any sense!!! 
Good morning to you all!!!

Btw, in the past when I was working most of the seamers I used, pulsing was'nt nornally used although I did hear from others that in some applications, pulsing did offer some limited process improvements if travel speed was'nt compromised by adjusting the pulse parameters whereby travel speed in some
instances could even be increased while improving weld quality & appearance. "Cyclomatics components were in vogue" back in the day!

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By Stephan (***) Date 04-03-2007 15:32
Hey Henry,

allowed to ask in English but not in... "Spanish"?

I don't know if it would have been better to start a new thread on this but I have interested read, you are wondering if LASER-GMA-Hybrid Welding would work nice on 1/8" or above.

Would be a real honor and pleasure for me to talk with you (and the others of course) about using LASER-GMA-Hybrid Welding, which is - from my point of view - one of the most interesting and sophisticated processes in welding.

The only thing is, I am virtually already on the way to Great Britain where I won't have definitely no opportunity to visit the AWS-Forum for the next days, and I'm going to return earliest on Saturday 07th of April.

Thus I will have problems to directly communicate with you - always presumed, you would decide to communicate with me!?

Nonetheless it would be fantastic if you could kindly decide to give me your personal opinion(s) about LASER-GMA-Hybrid Welding.

When I am interpreting your signature correctly, you are working or have worked, respectively, in a yard for special "Boats"?

In particular here, I would suppose, highly advanced welding processes might be found, please correct me if I'm wrong.

It would be marvellous to receive some expertise feedback from you. Some personal impression or estimation of how the influence of LASER-GMA-Welding is to evaluate currently and eventually might progress in the future.

Please know that I am going to attend the IIW Joint IV/XII Intermediate Meeting in Vigo Spain from 11th to 13th of April. This meeting stands under the premiss: "ARC and HYBRID-LASER WELDING".

It would be fine to take some impressions, opinions and profound estimations about LH-Welding from you, my US-Colleague(s) with me!

Thanks a lot in advance and my best regards,
Stephan
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 04-04-2007 07:55
Hi Stephan!

Actually, I'm interested in doing the same with you regarding the Cold Metal Transfer (CMT) method that Fronius has developed... This would be an interesting process to evaluate with respect to potentially applying CMT for use on similar seam welding equipment and/or some of the welding lathe/manipulator systems that presently use for the most part either GTAW, PAW or a combination of the two with excellent results in certain applications and GMAW on some of the thinner gauge vessels which often had "mixed" results when using the process on stainless & Aluminum sheet metal vessels from 16 gauge and thinner.

As far as expertise with "Laser Hybrid" GMAW is concerned, I'm the wrong person to collaborate with respect to that process becausesimply put, I'm not an expert in the use of that process at ALL!!
The only aspects that I might be familiar with LH-GMAW (I do'nt think that's the correct acronym for that process?) is what I've read about the process from online inquiries or welding related publications such as the AWS Welding Journal and maybe some other although off the top of my head, I do'nt remember specifically where... still, I'm always interested in learning more about new processes or process combinations that result in greater efficiencies so, I look foward to collaborating with you Friend!!!

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - By Stephan (***) Date 04-09-2007 09:47
Hey Henry!

Thank you so much for your kind answer and  - of course - your willingness to talk and collaborate with me. Please know that it is truly a great pleasure and honor for me to have the opportunity to learn from yours and the other fellows always brilliantly replies and advices!

CMT...

Well, fortunately I can say that I am working with FRONIUS since ~ 10 years, and I am truly proud of being a member of this fantastic company! Although my Forum activities are, and should honestly not be influenced by the job I am performing at FRONIUS. Here in the AWS-Forum I am only active as the Individual AWS-Member "Stephan" (due is paid by myself) and nothing else more, i.e. no kind of "advertising" will be found, coming from my side. Nonetheless I guess that I would be able for giving you any information about the FRONIUS Cold Metal Transfer process you would be interested in to get to know - of course. Why not, it's really a great and impressive process and one of my main activities in FRONIUS is to managing complete large industrial projects on a global customer level where CMT is being used for joining thin sheet metals.

I can confirm what you say when you are talking about using this process for substituting processes like GTAW or PAW or - at least - using CMT as an economical precious and considerable alternative to these processes. Many welding-experts do currently consider about using CMT as a more economical but with regard to quality absolutely comparable process to the non consumable processes like TIG or Plasma-Welding. Therefore, when you need specific, i.e. in depth technical information, please feel free to define any question and it would be a great pleasure for me to try to answer these questions as good as I am able to and to give you any material which is available in regard to CMT and the applications where the process is already being used! Meanwhile there are a lot of these...

Thank you also for your reply with regard to Laser-GMA-Hybrid-Welding. Your "hint" regarding the use of the "correct" acronym is precious for me. Please know that there was already a lively discussion about the correct terminology for Laser-Gas Metal Arc-Welding on the IIW-Assembly 2005 in Prague (Czech Republic). Should it be named Laser-GMA-Hybrid Welding, or better GMA-Laser-Hybrid Welding..? A very worthwhile input came from a Japanese fellow (I am sorry for not being sure who it was). He stated that it should be reasonable to distinguish precisely between the both process variants mentioned above. Because they are definitely not the same. Therefore one has to define firstly when talking about Laser-GMA-Hybrid Welding which of the combined energy-sources is the dominantly of both, Laser or Arc. This again can be done by finding out what the specific process details (mainly the spatial distance between Laser and Arc) are. This means, is the Laser being used to perform the inner seam properties (depth of fusion etc.) and "only supported" by the arc - thus the GMAW process being used for performing mainly outer seam properties (appearance, throat etc.) - the Hybrid-process should be defined as »Laser-GMA-Hybrid-Welding«. However, is the Arc again the dominant energy source, being used e.g. for increasing the deposition rate and the Laser "supports" the arc mainly firstly for increasing the deposition speed and only secondly for increasing the depth of fusion, the process should be named »GMA-Laser-Hybrid-Welding«. Although, from my personal point of view a real "Hybrid"-Process should be defined by a close spatial distance between the Laser- and the Arc-Energy Source resulting in a common weld-bead and using both processes advantages in an optimal way. I have read about some "Laser-Arc-Hybrid"-Applications where the Laser and the Arc have been positioned with 15 mm spatial distance to each other, thus - from my point of view - you will receive two welding processes: Laser-Welding + Gas Metal Arc-Welding but not a »Hybrid-Process« at all. And this is - also from my point of view - the true art and crucial point of real Laser-GMA-Hybrid Welding. Ensuring that both processes can be used in an optimal, stable combination by having the optimal equipment for achieving reproducible optimal qualitative and economical results. And here some very interesting and most sophisticated applications also in relatively thin sheet metal welding by using Laser-GMA-Hybrid Welding can be stated intermediately.

Therefore once again thanks for the hint with the process' acronym. I guess it is very important to work on the fundamentals of process designations and definitions before expecting that the process will find its way into the industrial production. If you allow I would like to cite you on the IIW-Meeting over the next three days in Spain. I am sure that your predication about the acronym shows one of the to be answered key-questions in regard to Hybrid-Welding, i.e.: "What is Laser-GMA-Hybrid Welding in general?" "Are there specific differences?" "How can it be used for improving quality and efficiency?" etc. etc. Most of the engineers I am talking to about Laser-GMA-Hybrid Welding do see only the (not low) invest for the Laser and therefore saying "No" to this great process. But when considering all the facts with regard that the process can increase both quantitative and qualitative output in a never known way, many of these people say: "Hey, this is interesting and it is worthy to think a bit more about it!"

I am personally one of the greatest admirers of the process. Not only due to the technical (and physical) aspects by combining both Laser + Arc but also due to the real benefits the process can bring by being used e.g. within High-Volume production.

If you allow, I will keep you informed about what has been discussed in Vigo Spain...

My very best regards,
Stephan
Parent - By Stephan (***) Date 05-05-2007 10:01 Edited 05-05-2007 12:54
Hey Henry!

I must apologize for "almost" having forgotten to provide the promised information with regard to the discussions about the definitions for Laser-Arc-Hybrid Welding on the Joint Meeting of the IIW Commissions IV and XII in Vigo Spain.

Firstly, it was - once again - a very impressive opportunity for me, to attend an IIW conference. A lot of national and international experts have travelled to Vigo to discuss the current status of the industrial utilization of:

·  "Arc augmented" Laser Processes (Prof. Muneharu Kutsuna - Nagoya University Japan)
·  "Hybrid Laser MAG Welding Processes" (Mr. Chris Allen - The Welding Institute England),
·  "Hybrid-Welding" (Mr. Ambroise Vandewyckele - AIMEN Institute Spain)
·  "Laser-MAG-Hybrid Welding" (Prof. Muneharu Kutsuna - Nagoya University Japan)
·  "Laser Submerged Arc Hybrid Welding" (Prof. Dilthey - ISF University of Aachen Germany)
·  "Hybrid-Laser-Welding" and Laser-Hybrid-Welding" (Prof. Danut Iordachescu - Centro Laser University of Madrid Spain)

As you certainly can imagine, there have been held some pretty fine presentations from all over the world and - what was once again impressive for me - almost all experts have used different acronyms for the process, which all were discussing about(!).

As promised, and I hope you have allowed ;-) , I have tried to start the technical discussion about the "correct" technical term(s) to be used, when talking about "LASER-ARC-Hybrid Processes". I have mentioned to having an interesting interchange with US-American Welding Experts about the question of what Laser-Hybrid-Processes really are and how to define the combination of both used processes. And, Henry, what should I say else than the truth, also the venerable experts are seriously intended to clarify this basically question to pointing the direction for a better understanding of the process. I have asked - since the presentations been held treated of course different fields of Laser-Arc-Hybrid applications - several times of what the main reasons were, to name the process within the presentation such as can be seen in the list above. As you surely can imagine all the aspects therefore sounded reasonable, but nonetheless all the fellows admitted that there is yet a lack of standardization in regard to the general technical terms for the process.

When I have asked the question: "At which distance between the Laser and the Arc we can speak of "LASER-ARC-Hybrid" or different to that only "Arc assisted Laser-Welding"?" the most reasonable answers were given by Prof. Kutsuna and Prof. Dilthey who both are admitted as two pioneers in the field of Laser-Arc-Hybrid Welding. They replied, by using the term of "common interaction" of both process-plasmas which has to be observable when speaking of "Laser-Arc-Hybrid Welding". This means, there can not be stated or defined, respectively, a specific distance between the Laser and the Arc for defining a concrete use of the term "Laser-Arc-Hybrid Welding". Mainly because - as always - the coherences, specific to the application to be carried out by using the process, are so intricate that it's hard to find even this specific value! Or in other words... the boundary conditions are "fluently" (i.e. dynamical). However, when such an interaction of both energy source process plasmas (Laser + Arc) can be observed, one can talk of having a "Laser-Arc-Hybrid Welding Process".

Finally I would like to cite some sentences coming from the greatly appreciated fellow Prof. Dan Iordachescu, written down in the conference proceedings. As you perhaps can remember, I have mentioned Dan a time ago in another post, as one of the "driving forces" on an international level for solidifying the standardization of the "Metal Droplet Transfer Classification" in GMA-Welding. In Vigo, once again Danut Iordachescu was one of the fellows who have expressed seriously the necessity for finding common valid terms or acronyms, respectively, when speaking of Hybrid-Welding Processes. Therefore please let me cite what he has written in the proceedings:

"Important development of Laser Hybrid Welding (LHW) was noticed in the last decade, following the path from research to industrial application in shipbuilding [..], automotive [..], aircraft [..] and other industries. This generic name and concept is widely understood as combination of two classic processes: GMA Welding and Laser Welding (LW), respectively. Because the Hybrid concept may involve any two or more different welding/brazing/joining processes, it is welcome to state clearly what processes are involved. Thus a more correct name could be Laser-GMA Hybrid Welding. For the sake of simplicity, everybody admits that LHW without any other specification addresses Laser-GMA Hybrid Welding. On the other hand, the name Hybrid Laser Welding can be found in many issues..." "...We find this denomination as inappropriate, because not laser, but the welding process is hybrid..." "...When approaching LHW, specialists have a look firstly at the advantages of arc welding: low cost energy source, gap bridgeability, microstructure that can be influenced etc. On the other hand, the advantages of using Laser Welding are also clear: increased penetration, high welding speed, low thermal influence, high mechanical performances at the joint. As a holistic approach, LHW is meant to bring low heat input, low deformation, better metallurgical quality, higher welding speed, low distortion, higher bridgeability and lower spattering, as too..." (quote Prof. Dr.-Ing. Danut Iordachesu - Conference Proceedings of the IIW Intermediate Meeting Commissions IV and XII, Vigo, Spain, 11-13th April 2007).

As you can see Henry, I guess here is a lot of future work to do before we all can use the correct acronym for Laser-Arc Hybrid Welding, I hope you may agree with me.

But nonetheless I am sure that all the people who are involved in either using the process as a great alternative to "conventional" welding processes or who are involved in Research and Development are on the right way for finding these terms in the future. From my very personal point of view, the first steps have been done already only by having seen that there is the necessity to create a common valid predefinition of terms, for at least helping the potential process-user to basically understand what he is talking about.

My best regards,
Stephan
Parent - - By GRoberts (***) Date 03-31-2007 07:02
I'm usually a skeptic of new fangled equipment until I see the benefits for myself.  I usually think it is just a sales tool a lot of the time, but I do have a GTAW machine with pulse, and I kind of like it.  I use one for personal welding, and if you turn the frequency up to the high end, it does focus the arc, and welding speed can be faster at the same current, or the same speed at lower current.  In another situation at work, a welder was having problems with a specific weld, so I turned the pulse on and the results got better (again at the higher frequencies).  I think other than possibly less heat input due to constriced arc, it can make the welding skill level requried for a particular weld less in some situations.  On the blue colored equipment, I don't remember pulsing being but a extra few hundred dollars, but I could be remembering wrong.
Parent - By Liang Date 03-31-2007 10:30
The interesting part is it can make the required welding skill level less. Any difference if the pulse is use on square butt joints, fillet joints or in any positions.

Regards
Boon
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 04-04-2007 08:12 Edited 04-04-2007 08:16
Hi G!

GTAW-P is really cool when using it with 309 or another alloy that's being used to "butter" a Chrome/Moly or another "dissimilar" metal to a 300 series stainless or some of the "Inco" alloys that are available especially when one is attempting to control dilution...I think it's real nice to use when GTAWelding thick sections of stainless or or any alloys where interpass temps are critical to control from a production efficiency perspective although on a very limited basis...

Pulsing is also great to use for cover where the customer demands an esthetically pleasing appearance of the welds without sacrificing weld quality... In certain applications GTAW-P is an excellent choice for welding root passes also! Then again , this is just based on my own experiences.

Orbital Autogenous welding of semiconductor, pharmaceutical and food processing pipe/tubing systems quite often uses GTAW-P as the welding process and man are those welds "esthetically pleasing" to the eye!

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - By swsweld (****) Date 05-05-2007 21:45
Back in the day we used machine P-GTAW for all of our pipe welding. Root pass to cap, all alloys. You can really fine tune the arc charateristics whether you are oscillating or not. These machines may be an overkill for your application. Would it be practical to use a guide track and a weld system to perform the welds? Tracks can be straight or round. You mentioned long welds to form into a can. By utilizing a track and machine you should have more arc time and better quality once parameters are set. Many nuclear plants utilized similar setu-up to weld there SS lined fuel pools, long straight F,V,H fillet welds.

As you can imagine these are not cheap and welders would still have to monitor the weld continuously. BTY, I'm not a salesman of this equipment. Just a thought if you do a large amout of this type welding.
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / GTAW welding with pulse function