Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / we're done.
- - By Sourdough (****) Date 04-05-2007 04:11
One more well done job.........12,000 barrels of oil a day - restored by Sourdough Welding Inc.- Precision guess work at it's best, well oiled boots, and a good tan. Dang, if I didn't get a cash paying job out of it??!!
Parent - - By yorkiepap (***) Date 04-05-2007 17:15
Hey SD,
Glad to hear you're hummin'. CASH!!!..Hmmmm... doesn't get much better than that....well, maybe a cold six pack with it. Hey bro', you get your shop set up yet??? How's the wee one?

Where I work(PT), we're buried right now. Been able to keep up at 4hrs/day....oooooh...the fringies in metal scrap....love it....Denny
Parent - - By Sourdough (****) Date 04-10-2007 16:28
We're doing good. Had to take a couple days off to build a chicken coop. My wife has turned me into a regular rancher! She wants goats next, and we are getting a couple wieners next week. The kid is fantastic. He is so good! He is just a real happy boy, we are blessed. The Jack Russel is a frickin riot, always into something.
Parent - - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 04-10-2007 19:01
As a proud spouse to a woman with chickens, ducks, goats, dogs and cats I can say that your skills will probably be put to work. I built portable chicken pens from 3/4" EMT conduit. THAT is a welding task. 1/16" 6013's worked well.
Parent - - By Sourdough (****) Date 04-13-2007 18:13
Well, my wife insisted that at least one thing we owned be built with wood, sooo.........we have a huntergreen coop now
Parent - - By RANDER (***) Date 04-13-2007 18:28
LOL,
I always suggest to my wife that I can "Fab it up" myself.  She doesnt want everything metal either. 
Parent - - By pipebandit Date 04-13-2007 21:03
Rander, I see you have your API 510.
I am going for it in June, been wanting to get that one for a long time now.
Parent - By RANDER (***) Date 04-14-2007 15:01
Good luck to you.  I dont know if you were thinking about a seminar but they help alot of people.  Of course ive seen guys take a vacation,fly to Texas, seminar and hotel for a week, take the test and fail because they didnt put the hours in studying.   The seminars cant do ALL the work for you.  I just study whats in the body of knowledge and that usually will prepare you for the test just fine.  Although it is nice to have an instructer clarify\interpret any points you dont understand.  Study up and youll do fine then youll have one more way to keep that food on the table.

Good Luck
Parent - By pipebandit Date 04-13-2007 20:53
Gotta love the Jack Russels, we had 3, lost one 2 years ago, but we still have to and Yes, they are a frickin riot! Our son will be 3 in June, nothing funnier then watching him and those dogs together. Its gopher season bigtime, the dogs favorite time of year.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / we're done.