Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Mobile Home Repair
- - By donal Date 04-10-2007 17:03
Hi, I am looking for someone that can repair a steel I-Beam under a mobile home.  The beam is rusted in one area and needs strenghning.  I have no idea what kind of welder I should call.  Anyone have any suggestions?  I live in the SF Bay Area.
Parent - - By Joseph P. Kane (****) Date 04-10-2007 19:04
Warning!  Whatever welder you call, probably does not have the right kind of insurance.  Check with your insurance broker first!  Get it in writing!
Parent - - By Molten Metal (**) Date 04-10-2007 21:41
Is it going to be towed?Ever?....Your probably looking at $50.00 an hour to $65.00 an hour with at least a two hour minumum.Yup,call a mobile welder.If your going to tow it,get a good one...:)
Parent - By Sourdough (****) Date 04-13-2007 18:26
A lot of times, they made the frames on those things with the "worst of the worst"  steel. I've welded the toungues back on them before so they could be moved but didn't feel great about it. It needs to be fishplated and angle needs to be put in wherever it can go, for sure. If I were to do it, it would possibly cost a grand. Depends if a part of the frame needs replaced or not. You may get lucky and fix it with a couple benjamins, who knows?
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Mobile Home Repair