Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / orbital welding
- - By rhan (*) Date 04-12-2007 20:32
I would like to look at several different manufacturers of this equipment.  Any and all suggestions welcome.  We are taking a serious look at adding this to our curriculum.  Any information you care to share about syllabus would also be appreciated.
Parent - - By Fredspoppy (**) Date 04-13-2007 11:29
Depending on the level you want to take this, there are several quality manufacturers of orbital welding equipment.  I  would suggest GTAW to be the place to start and the 3 main equipment manufacturers are as follows:

ARC Machines - www.arcmachines.com
Liburdi Dimetrics - www.liburdi.com
Magnetech - www.magnatech-europe.com (they do have a USA operation)

I have attached links to these for your info.  You might describe your program, location, etc. so readers have a better idea what you are doing.  If you are a College/Trade School, some of these suppliers may cut you a good deal on equipment.  It is not cheap, with a complete pipe weld setup running upward of $100K, depending on accessories, tracks for various pipe diameters, etc.
Parent - By jon20013 (*****) Date 04-13-2007 11:45
I agree.  We use strictly AMI here and in my opinion they are top of the line but as mentioned you pay very dearly for the quality... accesories / components are outrageously high but if you are in the market for RT quality welds on an almost guarenteed 100% success rate it is the equipment of choice...
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / orbital welding