Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / reparing greenlee cutters
- - By elliott (**) Date 04-15-2007 22:44
Hows it going guys. Anyone know how to repair greenlee cutters. The have small holes in them due to cutting live electrial wires. friend of mine asked me if they could be repaired.I have repaired my own by tig welding them with er70s but I dont us mine as much as they do. I saw on the welding supply.com website some electrodes or filler metal but not sure if it would work. They say it works for stick welding or tig. thanks for any info. Hope everyone has agood patriots day. THANKS AGAIN
Parent - By aevald (*****) Date 04-16-2007 00:02
Hello elliot, there is a tig rod called D2, I believe you will find that this might work very well for repairing the small nicks or other imperfections on the greenlee knock-out cutters that you inquired about. Likely you would need to grind the excesses off with a dremel type tool, either with a stone or with a carbide cutter, as the deposits will be fairly hard after welding. The only draw-back here might be the minimum purchase amounts that some suppliers impose on you when you are buying these types of fillers. Good luck and regards, aevald
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / reparing greenlee cutters