Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / API 1104 20TH EDITION
- - By rodrod (*) Date 04-22-2007 07:40
One of my friend here in Middle East are going take CWI this coming May, since he will be using API 1104 20th Editon as her Code book, He ask me what are the additional exams and difference between 20th & 19th edition.? hence it was already 60questions compare to 46 questions before. I hope we could help him. Thanks.
Parent - By RANDER (***) Date 04-22-2007 15:29
Additional questions are mainly from Appendix sections. 
Parent - - By dbigkahunna (****) Date 04-22-2007 19:38
I took my test last August using the 20th. It seems to me whoever came up with the test was struggling to get 60 questions. The questions asked a lot from the appendix. I have never used this but I have only been doing this 22 years. From what I hear from API, the direction API is heading is using API RP 577 to qualify welding inspectors for the oil/refining/petrochemical industry and letting AWS have the structural industry.
And it seems AWS is not opposing this. 
As soon as API makes certification to RP 577 required, those of us working in the O/R/P as welding inspectors will let their CWI lapse. Why pay AWS $750 for something that is useless in our industry? API will get their pound of flesh from us and we understand how the game is played.
Tell you friend good luck and that BS question requiring a bunch of calculation, is answered in the code!
BABRT's
Parent - By rodrod (*) Date 04-26-2007 08:41
Thanks for your replys.

regards,
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / API 1104 20TH EDITION