Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / In-house/employer Level III certification
- - By AlexK Date 04-24-2007 11:43
I'm Chief of Quality Inspection Department at the company that manufactures products to be UT certified. We perform the testing only for our internal purposes. Is it allowed to invite ASNT Level III Central Certified individual (who can be found at ASNT site as Certificate holder) to perform individual in-house training and examination for Level III in-house certification? If yes, has the in-house certified Level III individual authority to periodically evaluate and document technical performance of Level I and Level II personnel as well as train and examine them for certification acc. to SNT-TC-1A? 
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 04-24-2007 19:56
The short reply is "Yes".

The rest of the story is in your "written practice" which describes the details of your emplyer's qualification and certification program for NDT personnel. The job description of each level of certification would describe the scope of work and responsibilities of the Level I, Level II, and Level III personnel.

In-house certification of Level III personnel (as well as Level I and II) would be in accordance with ASNT's Recommended Practice SNT-TC-1A which would be the basis or your company's written practice.

Best regards - Al .
Parent - By AlexK Date 05-03-2007 08:44
OK! Thank you very much. Everything will be organized and performed in acc. with SNT-TC-1A.- AlexK.
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / In-house/employer Level III certification