Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / the old switcheroo
- - By downhandonly (***) Date 04-27-2007 03:08
Ok sa-200 brainiacs, 67 redface, ran it, welded with it threw it on a truck, shipped it home (2000 miles), sat it in the yard for three months, got some time tonite to fire it up and the ignition switch (the old pull type) is seized. there is only one wire going to it, it comes off the side of the mag. where can i hook the wire to temporarily bypass the switch. I'm a welder not an electrician. I wanna get this thing fired up right now!!!!!!!!!!!! oh the suspence is killing me...

P.S. mike if you are reading this you forgot your hat and shades here the other night
P.P.S mike you should answer your truck phone to help a guy out with this stuff eh!
Parent - - By billvanderhoof (****) Date 04-27-2007 03:50
If this is the same as every other mag I've seen remove the wire from the switch to start the motor, ground the wire to kill the motor.
Bill
Parent - By pipeliner01 (**) Date 04-28-2007 04:06 Edited 04-28-2007 04:42
Levi, billvanderhoof is right.  Wire up a new switch. Second, I know I left my hat & shades, (remembered when we hit Red Deer).  Third, my truck phone stays in the truck, but I studiously check my messages, or you could try me @ home or Tracy's cell.  Oh, I'll try to stop by maybe next week if I have time, we're gettin' the house in Bentley (tentatively).  About your points & condenser, I'll call my buddy on the farm and ask em', he's the one who's shown me how to rebuild my machines.  P.S. that carb kit really helped out the 47' you should buy a couple they're about 29 bucks.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / the old switcheroo