Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / fixing a scratched cd
- - By hogan (****) Date 04-30-2007 21:37
this does not have anything to do with welding, but i was so impressed with this simple way to fix a scratched cd i thought i'd share it. a friend told me that his dad used some car wax on a scratched cd and it stopped skipping. he said it was the "old fashion" kind. i didn't have any so i used some liquid turtle wax in a spray bottle. it was a music cd, and only 3 of the 14 tracks played before the wax, after it played all tracks. i must have played this cd 15 times and still works great.
Parent - - By Bill M (***) Date 05-07-2007 17:28
This doesn't have anything to do with welding either....but i have drilled a hole on each side of two used cds  (12 and 6 o'clock), connected them together...and put them 3 ft in front of my fishing lure while trolling for salmon in lake michigan.  Crazy as it sounds...It makes a really nice flasher for trolling, and adds some action to the lure as well!!
Parent - - By ross (***) Date 05-07-2007 17:37
Best CD's for this are albums by Phish and Moby.

Ross
Parent - By Bill M (***) Date 05-07-2007 18:18
excellent idea!
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 05-08-2007 04:04
Weemarrkable!!! Get it???

Some of you older folks might remember the episode of "The little Rascals" where the kid keeps repeating the word "Weemarrkable" as he attempts to retrieve some fish out of a fish tank - otherwise known as an Aquarium!!! You gotta love that kid!!!

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By ross (***) Date 05-08-2007 13:25
Was that Froggy who said that?

Ross
Parent - - By CHGuilford (****) Date 05-08-2007 13:54
I didn't think it was Froggy, for some reason I'm guessing it might have been Buckwheat.  Been a long time since I've seen any of those shows.
(I think you can tell I'm over 35)
Parent - By swnorris (****) Date 05-08-2007 16:31
From what I hear, he got his name from what he said. "Remarkable".  Just like Uh-Huh got his unique name because the main thing he ever said was the word "Uh-Huh."
Parent - By Smokey71 (*) Date 05-31-2007 01:17
I ripped all my cd's to my laptop and found i was able to recover ever song that skipped, stalled, or stopped due to damage and burned them to a new disc. I tried using waxes and polishes but none worked as good as this. granted, you need a cd burner to do this but it worked for me. good luck!
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / fixing a scratched cd