Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / API Test
- - By mrwelder (*) Date 05-01-2007 23:04
Im thinking of takeing the API 1104 test. Can someone tell me a little about this test? I know nothing about codes.
Parent - By commonarc (**) Date 05-02-2007 18:35
Get the AWS Sudy Guide and API-1104 Code book.  Study both beofre taking the test.  That's what I'm doing right now.
Parent - By new tito (***) Date 05-02-2007 19:16
There are 60 questions on the test.  Make sure you get familiar with the entire code book and the layout of its contents.  The last 15-20 questions or so deal with the 2 appendices in the back of the book.  Get real familiar with the content in those appendices.  I think those two are not laid out as simply as the rest of the code book, so looking for answers is much harder and takes more time.  As for the 1st 40-45 questions from the "normal" part of the book, those are fairly simple to find the answers...as long as you can find the paragraph quickly.  I have no dealings with API 1004 in my regular job duties, but I read (skimmed) through the book 1 time about 2 weeks before the seminar, and during the seminar, they handed out about 4 practice tests that really helped to get familiar with it.  Of course, my instructor had no clue about the number of questions being raised from 40 to 60, so we spent zero time going over the two appendices.
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / API Test