Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Technical Standards & Publications / Chevrolet S10 ZR2 4x4 FRAME CRACKING INFO???
- By JIXSER Date 05-02-2007 04:10
Hello all,

Just had a very disturbing discovery!  My beloved 2000 ZR2 has fatal frame damage and I am not sure what to do or where to turn but I know one thing,  I will not put her down!  While changing my oil as I do every 5000 miles I discovered the frame had a severe crack at the left front of the sub-frame.  The location matches the post I had read from "racefn_4824" posted on 1-12-2007 having the exact same issue.  I do not off road nor anything that would create this type of problem.  I mean this is severe and now understand why that when turning to the left into a driveway the left front tire would flex into my fender flare which seemed to get progressivly worse over time.  I would like to know if or what avenues I can pursue to get my truck back on the road.  The damage begins at just under the frame at the differential and lower A-arm area and progesses upward on the inner frame and then along the underside where the frame is seemed together along the bottom toward the radiator support.  From the underside where crack began the damage also wraps around to the outer frame area and seems to be a fine hair line crack approximately 1/3 upward outside of the frame.

All I can ask myself is "Will the manufacturer that I back up in every way back me up?"  I am a GM devoted and loyal buyer and as is my entire GM employed family.  From what I have understood and from my personal knowledge of my own vehicle believe this is a defect that should be honored no matter how long you own the vehicle.  I had special ordered this vehicle from the factory and have considered this truck as a family member ever since as I have all of my vehicles.  My truck has been acknowledged as what it is... a great truck and I hate the possibility that we have fallen to this catastrophic failure.

I have been looking for any "recall" info but found nothing to date.  I love my truck.

Is there anyone with any positive information out there?
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Technical Standards & Publications / Chevrolet S10 ZR2 4x4 FRAME CRACKING INFO???